Huawei P30 Series was launched in March 2019 and it got an upgraded design compared to its predecessor. The displays got more bezel-less than before as the notch gets reduced to the shape of a waterdrop. The smaller P30 has a 6.1-inch, 2340x1080p OLED display with a teardrop notch, triple rear cameras, a Kirin 980 processor, an in-display fingerprint sensor, and IP53 splash resistance.
The P30 comes meanwhile, comes with a SuperSensing 40MP Lecia Triple Camera arrangement which consists of an 8MP 3x telephoto lens (or up to 30x digital zoom), 16MP ultra-wide, and 40MP wide-angle lens.
Now, let’s talk about the summary of the Huawei P30 series (P30 and P30 Pro) recent updates. In back October Huawei has kicked off the EMUI 11 beta update for the P30 series in mainland China and after that, the EMUI 11 stable update was started in many regions including the Middle East, etc. The stable EMUI 11 comes with several new features including MeeTime, smart multi-window, rhythmic ringtones, hide display message, and more. Check the recent HarmonyOS and EMUI updates of the Huawei P30 Series.
Summary of the Huawei P30 Series recent updates (2021-2022):
On April 07, 2022: Huawei P30 Lite New Edition users in the global market are now getting the EMUI 12 beta update. Apart from the P30 Lite NE, the P20, P20 Pro, P30 lite, Mate 10 Pro, Mate 20 lite, P smart 2019, P smart + 2019, P smart Z and P smart Pro users are also grabbing the same.
On March 30, 2022: Huawei P30 Pro and P30 Lite NE have been recently upgraded with the stable EMUI 12 update and now the P30 users are now able to install this update with the firmware version 22.214.171.124. The EMUI 12 update comes in at 4.52GB on P30, which is really big. Even if you have a lot of data, you probably don’t want to use it all up on a single update. I would therefore advise you to download via a WLAN.
On March 29, 2022: Huawei has recently sent the stable EMUI 12 update for the P30 Pro users and now the P30 Pro NE is also getting EMUI 12 stable update with the firmware version 126.96.36.199. The update size is again 4.57 GB, and the firmware number and changelog are identical. The basis is still Android 10, so all Google apps and services are retained.
On March 26, 2022: Finally, the Huawei P30 Pro smartphone users in Hungary have started receiving the stable EMUI 12 update with the latest firmware version EMUI 188.8.131.52 and the update is rolling out with a package size of about 4.57GB.
On February 27, 2022: The users of the Huawei P30 Pro are now receiving the February 2022 security patch update. With this update, there is the January patch and the February 2022 security patch together at the same time. The latest software update is rolling out with the firmware version EMUI 184.108.40.206.
On February 23, 2022: Huawei P30 Lite NE January 2022 security patch update is rolling out with software version 10.1.0.542 in Europe. As always, the update comes OTA and has a size of 201 MB. There are no other changes, features, or apps beyond the January 2022 security patch.
On January 31, 2022: In the European market, the Huawei P30 Lite smartphone users are getting the new software update based on EMUI 10. The latest update comes with the build number EMUI 10.0.0.532 and it brings December 2021 security patch update.
On January 20, 2022: Huawei P30 Pro smartphone users are now getting the new EMUI 11 software update in Turkey. The latest update is rolling out with firmware version 220.127.116.11 and it mainly optimizes the system stability.
On January 10, 2022: Huawei P30 Lite New Edition smartphone users are now receiving the December 2021 security patch update with the latest build number 10.1.0.388 and the update package size is 258MB. Huawei’s December 2021 EMUI security patch update includes 2 critical, 15 high levels of CVEs, 38 medium levels of CVEs while there’s no low level of CVEs.
On December 23, 2021: Huawei’s HarmonyOS upgrade mark has been reached up to 220 million and the growth rate is still counting. Now, the company has started rolling out the new HarmonyOS 2.0 software update for the P30 series smartphone users in China. The latest update brings December 2021 security patch and it is available with the build number HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168.
On December 22, 2021: In the global market, EMUI 12 Beta rollout has officially started for Huawei P30, Huawei P30 Pro, and Huawei Mate 20 Pro smartphone users. The latest EMUI 12 is based on HarmonyOS 2 features that bring an eye-catching user interface and more. The EMUI 12 beta update for the P30, P30 Pro and Mate 20 Pro is rolling out with firmware version EMUI 22.214.171.124.
On December 19, 2021: The Huawei P30 Lite New Edition smartphone users in Europe are now getting the November 2021 security patch update with the latest build number 10.0.0.521 and the update package size is 215MB.
On December 05, 2021: Huawei has officially started the EMUI 12 Beta rollout for the Huawei Mate 20 Pro, Huawei P40 lite, Huawei P30, Huawei P30 Pro, and Huawei Nova 5T smartphone users globally. The base version for this rollout is EMUI 10.1.0.377. If you are wondering how to join the EMUI 12 beta program then just check the below steps and make it done.
On November 22, 2021: Huawei P30 smartphone users in the UK start receiving the October 2021 patch update with the software version EMUI 126.96.36.199. The update comes in a size of 215MB. Huawei’s October 2021 EMUI and Magic UI security patch update include the CVE (Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures) 1 Critical, 27 High, and 2 Medium levels.
On November 17, 2021: Huawei has already pushed the HarmonyOS 2 beta update for the P30 series users in China and soon the company will send stable HarmonyOS for global users. Ahead of that the Huawei P30 Pro smartphone users in Hungary started receiving the October 2021 security patch update with the build number 188.8.131.52 and the package size is 215MB.
On November 11, 2021: Huawei P30 Lite and P30 Pro smartphone users are now getting the October 2021 security patch updates in Europe. The updates can be downloaded as OTA updates. A download via WLAN is recommended due to the size of the data if you do not have enough data volume.
On September 29, 2021: Huawei’s HarmonyOS upgrade mark has been reached up to 120 million and the growth rate is still counting. Now, the company has started rolling out the new HarmonyOS 2.0 software update 184.108.40.206 for the P30 series smartphone users in China. The latest update optimizes the system stability.
On August 29, 2021: Huawei has recently started rolling out the HarmonyOS 2 beta update for the P30 series users in China with the software version 220.127.116.11 (C00E125R2P4) and soon the company will send stable HarmonyOS for global users.
On August 12, 2021: Huawei P30 Series – P30 and P30 Pro smartphones user in China currently joined the HarmonyOS update chain but the global users are still waiting for this major update. These devices are expected to get the HMOS 2 update soon in Europe but ahead of that the P30 and P30 Pro owners can now install the June 2021 security patch update with the latest software version EMUI 18.104.22.168.
On June 30, 2021: According to the information, the company has started HarmonyOS public beta activity for Huawei P30, Huawei P30 Pro, Huawei Nova 7 SE 5G. Huawei Nova 7 SE 5G Lohas Edition, Huawei MatePad 10.4 inches, Huawei MatePad 5G 10.4 inches, and other models.
On June 29, 2021: Huawei P30 mobile phone users are now getting the HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 patch update. This update optimizes the sound experience of Bluetooth headsets in some gaming scenarios. It is recommended that you update.
On June 27, 2021: Huawei has released an important system patch package update with a size of 6.94MB for the Huawei P30 smartphone users. As per the changelog, this update solves two problems, one is to optimize the fingerprint authentication-related functions, and the other is to fix the problem of automatic screen lighting in some situations.
On June 18, 2021: According to the information, Huawei has started sending the first HarmonyOS 2 closed beta build for the Huawei P30 series.
On June 10, 2021: Huawei has officially launched the HarmonyOS first batch models. There are a total of 11 products including the Huawei P30 series, Huawei nova 5 series, Mate 20 X, Mate X, M6, etc have started HarmonyOS 2 internal beta recruitment.
On June 6, 2021: Plan to start the HarmonyOS closed beta recruitment in mid-June 2021.
On May 22, 2021: Huawei P30 Pro users in India are finally receiving the EMUI 11 stable update. This rollout is officially confirmed and the company has recently updated its EMUI 11 stable update plan which you can find here.
On May 21, 2021: Huawei P30 Pro smartphone users in Turkey now start receiving the March 2021 security update with the latest software version 126.96.36.199 and the update comes with a download package size of 894MB.
On April 26, 2021: Huawei P30 Lite New Edition smartphone users in Europe start receiving the March 2021 security patch with software version 10.0.0.448 and the package size is 117MB.
On April 22, 2021: Huawei P30 series has been recently upgraded with the EMUI 11 stable version globally. Now, the company has started sending the February 2021 security patch update based on EMUI to the Huawei P30 and P30 Pro smartphone users.
On April 6, 2021: Huawei P30 smartphone users are now able to download the month-old patch update i.e March 2021. The latest software update for Huawei P30 rolling out with firmware version 188.8.131.52 and the package size is 1.03GB.
On April 3, 2021: The company has started rolling out the February 2021 security patch update for Huawei P30 Lite with an update size of 119MB.
On April 1, 2021: Huawei has started sending the February 2021 security update for North American users (Mexico).
On March 28, 2021: According to the Huawei’s official EMUI 11 India rollout plan the Mate 20 Pro and P30 Pro will get the latest EMUI 11 stable update in the month of May this year.
On March 19, 2021: The company has started sending the February 2021 security patch update based on EMUI to the Huawei P30 and P30 Pro smartphone users.
On March 19, 2021: Huawei P30 Series received EMUI 11 stable update in the following countries.
- Middle East
- Algeria (North America)
- Sri Lanka
On March 04, 2021: According to the tipster, the Huawei P30 Pro smartphone users in the UK can now able to upgrade their devices to the EMUI 11 stable version which is rolling out with software version 184.108.40.206.
On February 28, 2021: Huawei P30 Pro EMUI 11 Stable update status: List of Countries that have received update so far.
On February 27, 2021: Huawei P30 series smartphone users in Kuwait (Middle East) now start receiving the stable EMUI 11 update with the latest software version 220.127.116.11 and the package size users getting is 1.81GB.
On February 25, 2021: Huawei’s famous P series smartphones the P30 and P30 Pro now grabbing the January 2021 security update in China as well the EMUI 11 stable update globally. The January 2021 patch for Huawei P30 and P30 Pro rolling out with software version 18.104.22.168 and the package size is 268MB.
On February 20, 2021: Huawei has started rolling out the January 2021 security patch update for Huawei P30 Lite with software version 10.0.0.404.
On January 24, 2021: Huawei has started rolling out the December 2020 security patch update or the Huawei P30 Pro NE.
On January 23, 2021: Huawei has now started rolling out Harmony OS 2.0 beta update to the Huawei P30 and Mate 30 Pro 5G smartphone users.
On January 20, 2021: Huawei’s P series smartphones the P30 and P30 Pro getting the December 2020 security update in China. The company has started sending this update with software version number 10.1.0.194.
On January 05, 2021: November 2020 security update is now available for the Huawei P30 Series smartphone users in China.
On December 26, 2020: Huawei P30 series smartphone users in China now grabbing the latest update in the form of EMUI 11 beta. This update rolling out with Bright Screen Animation, Flash File Transfer function, and display optimization. For P30 and P30 Pro the company has started sending this update with firmware version 22.214.171.124.
On December 12, 2020: The company has finally kicked-off the EMUI 11 stable update for the P30 Series. The stable EMUI 11 comes with several new features including MeeTime, smart multi-window, rhythmic ringtones, hide display message, and more.
On December 11, 2020: EMUI 11 beta requirement starts for Huawei P30 and Mate 20 devices in the Middle East.
HUAWEI P30 SERIES EMUI 11 CHANGELOG:
- Always On Display (AOD): AOD allows users to customize their screen and showcase their personal style by adding text and images to their lock screen.
- MeeTime: Besides HD voice and video calls, MeeTime also you to send encrypted messages and animated emojis, skip forward and backward when playing voice messages, and send groups of images in one go.
- Themes: Added the “Starry Night” theme to take you into the beautiful starry night.
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- System-level translation: Browse foreign language articles or pictures, press with one or two fingers to translate words or paragraphs, freely adjust the translation Area, easy to understand the content, and information.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been upgraded, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations bring you a more immersive experience.
- Transparent permission: The application permission pop-up box displays instructions for you to choose to authorize or reject (currently some applications support).
- Blurred app previews: On the recent tasks screen, previews of apps protected by TrustSpace or App Lock are automatically blurred or locked and hidden to protect your private data.
- Hide Display Message: When screencasting in mobile mode, enable the message do not disturb function, which allows the phone’s incoming calls and message banner notifications to be displayed only on the phone interface, which protects privacy and ensures the continuity of screencasting.
HOW TO UPDATE:
Via Support: Open app -> Services Tab -> Update -> CHECK FOR UPDATES -> Download and install.
Via Settings: Open System Settings -> System -> Software update -> CHECK FOR UPDATES -> Download and install.
Huawei P30 Pro Specifications:
- Size: 73.4 mm x 158.0 mm x 8.41 mm
- Weight: Approx. 192 g
- Display: 6.47
- Type: OLED
- Resolution: FHD+ 2340 x 1080
- Resistant: IP68
- Processor: HUAWEI Kirin 980 Octa-core Processor, Dual NPUs(Neural-network Processing Unit), 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.6 GHz+ 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 1.92 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.8 GHz
- OS: EMUI 9.1 (Based on Android 9) [At Launch]
- Memory: 8 GB RAM + 256 GB ROM
- Rear Camera: Rear Camera: Leica Quad Camera: 40 MP (Wide Angle Lens, f/1.6 aperture,OIS) + 20 MP (Ultra Wide Angle Lens, f/2.2 aperture) + 8 MP (Telephoto, f/3.4 aperture,OIS), HUAWEI Time-of-Flight (TOF) Camera, supports autofocus (phase focus, contrast focus), supports AIS (HUAWEI AI Image Stabilization)
- Front Camera: 32 MP, f/2.0 aperture
- Battery: 4,200mAh
- Charging: HUAWEI SuperCharge (Max 40 W), HUAWEI Wireless Quick Charge (15 W)
- Network: VOG-L29D: Primary SIM card: 4G FDD LTE: Bands 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/12/17/18/19/20/26/28/32, 4G TDD LTE: Bands 34/38/39/40/B41(2,535-2,655 MHz), 3G WCDMA: Bands 1/2/4/5/6/8/19, 3G TDS: Bands 34/39, 2G GSM: Bands 2/3/5/8(850/900/1,800/1,900 MHz)
- Connectivity: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (wave2), 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, Bluetooth 5.0, BLE, SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX HD, LDAC and HWA Audio
- Location: GPS (L1 + L5 Dual Band)/AGPS/Glonass/BeiDou/Galileo (E1 + E5a Dual Band)/QZSS (L1 + L5 Dual Band)
- Sensors: Ambient Light Sensor, In-Screen Fingerprint Sensor,Gyroscope, Compass, Proximity Sensor,Gravity Sensor, Hall Sensor, Infrared Sensor and Colour Temperature Sensor.
Note: If you have received the latest EMUI update on your smartphone, you can send us an email (email@example.com) with Screenshots/Updates/Versions/Changelogs.
Join Huawei Update on Telegram for the latest updates.