As we know that last year in November Huawei sold off its Honor sub-brand and it looks like the newly independent company has some lofty goals for 2021.
Recently it was reported that Honor plans to ship roughly 100 million smartphones in 2021, citing multiple suppliers. This would purportedly make for an increase of 40% over current shipments.
Now, according to Weibo blogger Digital Jun, Honor may launch its foldable smartphone named Honor Magic X, tentatively scheduled to be released in the middle of the year (around June).
Meanwhile, On February 22, 2021, Huawei has officially unveiled the new foldable device – Huawei Mate X2 in China. The Mate X2 debut with a built-in Kirin 9000 chip, a double wedge design, and a periscope camera.
Huawei Mate X2 Specifications:
- Product Name: Huawei Mate X2
- Model Name: TET-AN00
- Screen Size: 8 inches; external screen: 6.45 inches
- Screen Type: Internal screen: foldable flexible OLED, up to 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling rate; external screen: flexible OLED, up to 90Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate
- Battery: 4500mAh
- Rear Camera: 50 MP super-sensing camera (wide-angle, f/1.9 aperture, support OIS optical image stabilization) + 16 MP ultra-wide-angle camera (f/2.2 aperture) + 12 MP telephoto camera (f/2.4 aperture, support OIS optical anti-shake Shake) + 8 MP super zoom camera (10x optical zoom, f/4.4 aperture, support OIS optical image stabilization)
- Front Camera: 16 MP wide-angle camera (wide-angle, f/2.2 aperture)
- Screen Color: 16.7 million colors, P3 wide color gamut
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 256GB/512GB
- Resolution: Internal screen: 2480 x 2200 pixels; External screen: 2700 x 1160 pixels
- Processor: Kirin 9000
- OS: EMUI 11.0 (based on Android 10)
- GPU: 24-core Mali-G78
- CPU: 1*Cortex-A77@3.13GHz + 3*Cortex-A77@2.54GHz + 4*Cortex-A55@2.05GHz
- Navigation: Gesture navigation, three-button navigation on the screen, floating navigation.