Huawei has started rolling out the September 2020 security update for the Huawei Nova 5 series (Nova 5z, Nova 5i Pro, Nova 5) smartphone users. This update incorporates the Android security patch, which enhances the security of the mobile phone system. As per the news, Huawei has prepared to roll out the latest Emotion-UI EMUI 11 for Huawei Nova 5T in the mid of December 2020.
EMUI 11 comes with a bunch of new features including Dynamic AOD (Always on Display), new Air gestures, newly launched EOD (Eyes on Display), and numerous new features. To recall Huwaei EMUI 11 was launched at HDC (Huawei Developer Conference)2020. Check the changelog below.
Huawei Nova 5 series (Nova 5z, Nova 5i Pro, Nova 5) September 2020 Update Changelog:
- Nova 5z Model: SPN-AL00
- Nova 5i Pro Model: SPN-AL00
- Nova 5 Model: SEA-AL00
- 10.1.0.92 → 10.1.0.93 (For all Models)
Critical: CVE-2020-0245, CVE-2020-0396, CVE-2020-0380
High: CVE-2020-0074, CVE-2020-0382, CVE-2020-0388, CVE-2020-0389, CVE-2020-0391, CVE-2020-0395, CVE-2020-0397, CVE-2020-0399, CVE-2020-0401, CVE-2020-0393, CVE-2020-0386, CVE-2020-0394, CVE-2020-0390, CVE-2020-0381, CVE-2020-0383, CVE-2020-0384, CVE- 2020-0385, CVE-2020-0392, CVE-2020-0379.
Integrated Android security patches released in September 2020 for improved system security.
SECURITY PATCH DETAILS:
It fixes a different level of exploits and issues listed below.
- Ensure that your device has a 50% battery backup before downloading or installing the package.
- Use WiFi/mobile data to download the package.
- This update rollout process will take some time to reach all the devices. So please be patient.
- This update will not erase your data but I recommend you backup your important data before proceeding.
- Currently rolling out in China.
If you haven’t received a notification yet, check for the OTA update in Settings manually, just tap on the Setting option in your smartphone, Settings > System > Software update > Check for Updates > Download and install.
You can also update using the Suppor app. Open the app, go to HiCare (Support)> Update > Check for updates.