According to the official report, Huawei’s 2019 performance was extremely well in all scenarios. Annual sales were CNY 858.8 billion ($123 billion), an increase of 19.1% year over year. That equates to a net profit of CNY 62.7 billion ($ 9 billion).
Healthy operating results, strong financial position:
- Revenue 858.8 CNY Billion – Increased by 19.1%
- Net Profit 62.7 CNY Billion – Increased by 5.6%
- Cash flow from operating activities 91.4 CNY Billion – Increased by 22.4%
Revenue by Bussiness segment:
- Enterprise business 89.7 – Increased by 8.6%
- Consumer business 467.3- Increased by 34%
- Carrier business 296.7- Increased by 3.8%
Revenue by region:
- Americas 52.5 – Increased by 9.6%
- Asia Pacific 7.5- Decreased by 13.9%
- China 506 – Increased by 36.2%
Unit: CNY Billion
- Percentage of annual sales re-invested into R&D >10%
- Employees in R&D, accounting for 49% of Huawei’s total workforce – 96,000+
- Spent on R&D in 2019 – 131.7 CNY Billion
- Spent on R&D over the past decade – 600+ CNY Billion
Research and Innovation:
- Active patents held by Huawei as of December 31, 2019 – 85,000+
- Employees engaged in basic research – 15,000
Huawei Key Plan:
- Huawei welcomed more than 4,500 journalists, more than 3,000 experts, and researchers, and more than 1,000 government delegations from around the world to visit our headquarters in Shenzhen.
- An open Huawei Mobile Services (HMS) ecosystem: We help app developers deliver innovative app experiences to 600 million Huawei device users around the world. In addition, over 55,000 apps have been integrated with HMS Core.
- Huawei executive team has continued to engage with the global community through a number of external events and speaking opportunities.
- Huawei launched the world’s most powerful AI processor – the Ascend 910 – as well as an all-scenario AI computing framework, MindSpore. Huawei also launched Atlas 900, the world’s fastest AI training cluster, and HUAWEI CLOUD Ascend-based cluster services.
- Huawei launched the Arm-based CPU, the Kunpeng 920, and the TaiShan series of servers and cloud services powered by the Kunpeng 920.
- Huawei established 5G joint innovation centers with carriers in Europe, aiming to continuously drive the commercial deployment and service innovation of 5G.
- Huawei built the cloud-based Horizon Digital Platform by integrating multiple new ICT technologies including IoT, AI, big data, video, converged communications, and geographic information systems (GIS).