Huawei launched the DevEco Studio 3.0 version officially and it has released the Beta 1 version for download on the official website. The main new features of Huawei DevEco Studio 3.0 Beta 1 include:
Added Scoring Tool, a local HarmonyOS application or atomic service evaluation tool, used to test and evaluate the quality of HarmonyOS applications or atomic services. It is used by developers to perform self-testing on HarmonyOS applications or atomic services, and can quickly provide evaluation results and improvements Suggestions to help developers quickly improve product quality.
When compiling and constructing the HAP package, a new support for compiling a single Module is added. For scenarios where only one of the Modules needs to be compiled in a multi-module project, the compilation and construction speed can be increased; at the same time, support for one-click reconstruction of the HAP package is added. Before compiling and building HAP, the Clean Project operation will be executed automatically.
The enhanced features of Huawei DevEco Studio 3.0 Beta 1 include:
- Compile and build the plug-in update to version 184.108.40.206.
- The remote simulator mirroring update supports API 6 Release; at the same time, the distributed simulator adds support for the “Phone+TV” networking scenario.
- The low-code development function adds support for Tablet device development, atomic layout development, and multi-device development switching functions.
- Java, xml, Json editors are enhanced, resource index errors support quick fixes, and support quick viewing of resource values.
- The project view supports the Ohos view, the default view is the Project view, and the developer can switch it manually.
V3.0 Beta1 known issues
- When using the C++ variable visualization function to debug, the single-step debugging operation will be stuck, and the continuous change value of the variable will be displayed abnormally.
- Projects created by Video Player Ability (Java), Device Control Ability (JS), Image Editor Ability (Java), Picture Browser Ability (Java) project templates do not support preview.
- The project created by the DeviceConfigureAbility (JS) template does not support Js debugging.
- The project created by the Splash Screen Ability (JS) template does not support the writing of app.terminate, and there will be debugging problems.
- If there are multiple modules in the project and the “package” is the same, multiple hap installation and debugging are not supported, you can select a single hap package for debugging.
- The project created by About Ability (JS) template does not support this writing method, there will be debugging problems.
- During phone and tablet debugging, clicking the rotate button will cause the debugging to terminate.
- The current release is the 2.1 Release version, which supports the stable version of HarmonyOS 2 and supports API 5; and the 3.0 Beta1 version supports the experience version of the latest HarmonyOS features and supports API 6. In addition, the V3.0 Beta1 version is compatible with all the functions of the V2.2 Beta2 and V2.1 Release versions.
HUAWEI DevEco Studio is based on the IntelliJ IDEA Community open source version. It is a one-stop integrated development environment (IDE) for all scenarios and multiple devices of Huawei terminals. It provides developers with project template creation, development, compilation, debugging, release, etc. E2E’s HarmonyOS application development service. By using DevEco Studio, developers can develop applications with HarmonyOS distributed capabilities more efficiently, thereby improving innovation efficiency.