On October 22, 2021, Huawei held the HDC (Huawei Developer Conference 2021), and during the launch the company has launched HMS (Huawei Mobile Services) Core 6. Huawei HMS Core 6 has newly added 69 developer kits, 21,738 APIS in 7 different categories.
Reaching a new milestone the HMS ecosystem currently has 5.1 million developers, HMS Core’s global application integration increased by 81% to 173,000, and global developer revenue increased by 62%.
The HMS Core also opened 13 new capabilities, 18 enhanced capabilities, and 13 cross-OS capabilities consisting of various operating systems including:
Huawei HMS Core 6 now supports these devices:
- Smart TVs
- Smart Speaker
- Smart Glasses
- Smart Car and more
To make the development a bit easy, Huawei has opened HMS Core for third-party development frameworks such as React, Cordova, and more.
HMS Core 6 Key Areas:
- Graphics: HMS Core 6 added 3D modeling services and enhanced many open capabilities such as AR Engine, graphics computing services, and graphics engine services.
- Media: based on the blessing of AI technology, Huawei has newly opened up video editing services (Video Editor Kit) and audio editing services (Audio Editor Kit) and can provide global services covering 70+ languages and support global calls.
- AI: Machine Learning Kit, as an open capability, has nearly 10,000 applications integrated with ML Kit, with more than 8.25 billion monthly calls, and it has now been extended to other operating system applications.
- App Services: HMS Core 6 has 13 new and enhanced open capabilities and 12 cross-OS capabilities.
- Systems: Huawei has opened up core connectivity and communication capabilities, including 9 capabilities, which are open to application developers through Wireless Kit and Network Kit.