According to Ross Young, Huawei will release a foldable screen mobile phone at the end of the year, which will be Huawei’s most awaited product in 2021. Just this month, Huawei launched the Mate X2 Collection Edition folding screen mobile phone, equipped with 12GB of memory, 512GB of storage, the initial price of 18,999 yuan.
Huawei Mate X2 5G Collector Edition Specifications:
- Model: TET-AN50
- Battery: 4500mAh
- Rear Camera: 50 million pixel super-sensing camera (wide-angle, f/1.9 aperture, support OIS optical image stabilization) + 16 million pixel ultra-wide-angle camera (f/2.2 aperture) + 12 million pixel telephoto camera (f/2.4 aperture, support OIS optical anti-shake Shake) + 8 million pixel super zoom camera (10x optical zoom, f/4.4 aperture, support OIS optical image stabilization)
- Front Camera: 16 million pixel wide-angle camera (wide-angle, f/2.2 aperture)
- Screen Size: Internal screen: 8 inches; external screen: 6.45 inches
- Screen Color: 16.7 million colors, P3 wide color gamut
- RAM: 12GB
- Storage: 512GB
- Resolution: Internal screen: 2480 x 2200 pixels; External screen: 2700 x 1160 pixels
- Maximum Support: 256GB NM memory card
- CPU: Kirin 9000
- OS: HarmonyOS 2
- CPU frequency: 1*Cortex-A77@3.13GHz + 3*Cortex-A77@2.54GHz + 4*Cortex-A55@2.05GHz
- GPU: 24-core Mali-G78
- System navigations: Gesture navigation, three-button navigation on the screen, floating navigation
- Network standard: Support China Unicom/Telecom 5G/4G+/4G/3G/2G, mobile 5G/4G+/4G/2G
It is equipped with the Kirin 9000 5G chip and supports 11 5G frequency bands, which is consistent with the Huawei Mate 40 Pro 5G network frequency band. It is currently Huawei’s most powerful 5G flagship mobile phone.
Judging from Ross Young’s revelations, after the Mate X2 Collector’s Edition, Huawei will also launch a new folding screen mobile phone, possibly Mate X3.
Considering the small amount of Kirin 9000 5G chips left, Huawei’s new folding screen phones may use Qualcomm chips, and the currently listed Huawei P50 uses Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processors. If Huawei’s new folding screen uses Qualcomm chips, it may only support 4G networks, and it is expected to be officially released in December.