Today is the occasion of Eid-al-Adha and we at HU Team wish you, everyone, a Happy Eid. During the holiday, Huawei has sent a special surprise for P smart S users, yeah you heard it right, the company has started sending the stable EMUI 12 update. The official version of EMUI 12 arrives with the firmware version 184.108.40.206 and the update size is 4.35GB.
Huawei P Smart S EMUI 12 Changelog:
This update introduces EMUI 12, providing you with an intuitive interface and a multi-device section in the Control Panel for a better smart collaboration experience.
Supports more flexible font adjustment, allowing you to adjust the size and weight with a slider.
Applies the concept of neumorphism to Ul elements by using simple color tones, shadows, and highlights to create a more realistic effect.
Supports touching and holding app folders on the home screen to enlarge them for easier access to the apps within them.
[Notification Panel and Control Panel]
Allows you to swipe down from the top left side of the screen to access the Notification Panel to view notifications, and from the top right side to access the Control Panel to use shortcuts.
Adds an audio control section to Control Panel, making it easier to switch between different audio devices and audio apps.
Smart Life in All Scenarios
Adds a mobile phone-laptop collaborative authentication feature, which allows you to unlock your phone by entering the phone’s screen unlock password on your Huawei laptop when your phone and laptop are connected via Multi-Screen Collaboration.
[Cross-Device File Management]
Supports accessing documents or images on your phone using a laptop without having to connect the two devices with a data cable.
Improves the transmission speed of Huawei Share for faster file sharing between Huawei phones, tablets, and laptops.
1. This update will not erase your personal data, but we recommend that you back up any important data before updating.
2. Some third-party apps that are not compatible with EMUI 12 may function incorrectly after the update. It is recommended that you update these apps to their latest versions in app store.
3. If you encounter any issues during the update, please call the Huawei customer service hotline or visit a Huawei customer service center for assistance.
4. Your home screen layout may be rearranged slightly.
5. This system version can be rolled back to the official version of EMUI 11 in HiSuite. Rolling back the system version will erase your personal data. Please backup your data in advance.
6. The update package will be deleted automatically after the update is complete.
7. For more features, visit Tips.