Huawei Mate 40 series is rumored to be released in Q4 2020. Recently, a tweet from the Ross Young CEO of Display Supply Chain Consultants (DSCC) cleared that the Mate 40 series will be the only smartphones with 120 Hz displays that Huawei will release this year. The Mate 40 and Mate 40 Pro are expected to launch with EMUI 11.
Now, a new leak from @RODENT950 and DigitalJun suggests, the Huawei Mate 40 pro may use UTD screens (Ultra Thin Display) Specially designed for folding and ultra curved display phones and the Huawei Mate 40 will have 2 variants.
Mate 40 pro use UTD screens ( Ultra Thin Display) Specially designed for folding and ultra curved display phones. Mate 40 have 2 variants.
2 gen foldable series device is also coming.
— Teme (特米)😷 (@RODENT950) June 20, 2020
Huawei Mate 40 Series Key highlights:
- 5 nm SoCs, with the Kirin 1000 and Kirin 1020 (More powerful Kirin chipset).
- “Freeform lens” designed to improve the fidelity of ultra-wide-angle photos. This lens may be exclusive to the Mate 40 Pro.
- 108-megapixel lens may be features whose optical performance has been greatly improved and said to be available in Mate 40 and Mate 40 Pro.
- It will use a 9P lens. Due to the manufacturing method of the lens, the ability of the lens to process images is also greatly improved. Compared with other standard lenses with 108 MP sensors on the market.
- Mate 40 series also consists of TOF which can be used for temperature measurement (similar to Honor Play 4 Pro).
Stay tuned for more.
Related: Huawei’s new patent shows Mate 40 may get side-touch controls for camera