Huawei has started rolling out a new software update for the Huawei Y9s smartphone users in Panama. The latest update brings in the month-old June 2020 Android security patch to the device. The changelog for the update besides does not mention any new newly added features.
The latest Huawei Y9s update is based on EMUI 10 and bumps up the software build version EMUI 10.0.0.228 with an OTA firmware size of about 93.61 MB.
Huawei Y9S EMUI 10.0.0.228 (C605E3R2P1)Changelog:
- STK LX3
- Version Update: 10.0.0.220→10.0.0.228
- This update improves system security with Android security patches.
- Integrates Android security patches released in June 2020 for improved system security.
How to update Huawei Y9s?
There are two ways to update your device/smartphone, Via Settings option, or Via Support app.
Via Settings: Download Huawei Y9s EMUI 10.0.0.228 update, just tap on Settings > System > Software update > Check for Updates and Download it!
Via HiCare (Now known as support app): Support> Quick Services -> Update > Check for updates.
Thanks, Omar for the tip.
Huawei Y9S Key Specifications:
- Display: 6.59-inch FHD+
- Processor: Kirin 710F
- RAM: 6GB RAM
- Storage: 128GB internal storage (expandable up to 512GB)
- OS: EMUI 9.1 (Upgradable)
- Rear Camera: Triple rear camera consisting a 48MP (F/1.8) Main camera + 8MP (f/2.4) Ultra Wide Angle camera + 2MP (f/2.4) Depth Camera
- Front Camera: 16MP (f/2.2) Pop-up selfie camera
- Battery: 4000mAh battery
- Other: USB Type-C, 3.5mm audio jack, and Google Mobile Services.
Other features of these smartphones include a side fingerprint scanner, GPU Turbo 3.0, and more. The phone comes in two color options of Breathing Crystal and Midnight Black.
Note: If you have received the latest EMUI update on your smartphone, you can send us an email (email@example.com) with Screenshots/Updates/Versions/Changelogs.