What is Huawei Wi-Fi Bridge?: Wi-Fi bridge (In Huawei/Honor smartphones) is used to extend the coverage area of your current Wi-Fi network. It works by receiving your existing Wi-Fi signal, then transmitting the stimulated signal by amplifying it to cover your entire home at the maximum level.
How to use Wi-Fi Bridge and configure to extend Wi-Fi network:
Go to settings > Open Wireless & networks, Tap on Tethering & portable hotspot.
Once you navigated to the Tethering & portable hotspot section, you will see the option “Wi-Fi bridge”.
Now configure your Wi-Fi bridge Name, Password and don’t forget to Save it and Enable it.
Points to remember before configuring the Wi-Fi bridge:
1) Without sharing the password, Other devices will be connected to your WiFi network through WiFi Bridge
2) A maximum of 4 devices will be supported at a time.
3) Warning!! WiFi Bridge will consume more battery which results in faster battery draining, heating up of a device, etc.
4) WiFi Bridge cannot be accessed at the same when other connectivity features are in use, such as Multi-screen, Huawei Share and Huawei Beam. So make sure you check and turn “OFF” these features before using the WiFi bridge.
More Tips & Tricks:
- How to Import and Export Contacts on Huawei devices
- How to Auto-record Calls on Huawei devices
- How to enable Screen Pinning on Huawei or Honor devices