According to foreign media reports, Huawei spent R$15.3 billion on research and development funds last year, more than doubled five years ago. It is not only among the top 10 R&D funds in the world, but its growth rate is only surpassed by Amazon.
Huawei’s large proportion of spending is to gain a leading position in 5G technology. Huawei is currently actively expanding its business in various fields, including mobile devices, cloud computing and semiconductors.
Huawei’s R&D budget for 2018 is 149% higher than that of 2014 (R&D budget accounts for about 14% of its revenue), and its growth rate exceeds that of Apple, Microsoft and Samsung. Amazon is the only large-scale technology company that surpasses Huawei, with a growth rate of 210% over the same period.
From 2014 to 2018, Huawei’s total R&D expenditure reached RMB 368 billion, ranking seventh. It is calculated at an average exchange rate of $58 billion and is $54.6 billion at current exchange rates.
- EMUI 9.1 is coming to these 49 Huawei devices
- First 5 things you should do with your Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- EMUI 9.1 beta rolling out to these 12 devices
- Huawei P30 Pro receives a software update
- How to fix black screen issue on Huawei P20 Pro