We are here in 2021 and this year Huawei will introduce a bunch of new products. Since the US ban was imposed, Huawei’s in-house HarmonyOS supported the first smartphone will be available this year and this will be the big breakthrough of the company.
If you are thinking that the first device which is operated by HarmonyOS will be the Huawei P50. But that’s exactly what it shouldn’t be. According to the latest information, it shouldn’t be the new flagship series, another model is probably being planned. It should be different from other Huawei smartphones. The latest leak suggests that the model is currently in the final stages of production.
According to the Weibo tipster – PengPeng, the first Huawei smartphone powered by HarmonyOS will launch soon but it may not be the Huawei P50. The new phone will be sold through various sales channels including Huawei offline stores.
Recently, Huawei has started distributing the HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile beta for developers in mid-December 2020 and it also kicked-off HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile beta recruitment for Huawei P40, Mate 30, and MatePad Pro devices in China.
Beta Functions for Smartphones:
The HarmonyOS beta version provides the functions listed below for application development on smartphones. For details, see Smartphones.
- More than 50 new UI components for developing HarmonyOS applications on smartphones, offering consistent UI interaction experience across devices.
- HarmonyOS application framework applicable to smartphones, enabling fast migration, connection, transferring, and installation-free loading of HarmonyOS applications across various devices.
- Development and compilation toolchain available for the Windows and macOS platforms, helping you quickly develop HarmonyOS applications.
- More than 40 sets of sample code for your reference in developing smartphone applications so that you can quickly understand how to use HarmonyOS APIs.
- Distributed capability APIs (such as multi-modal awareness) to detect multiple mobility states.
- Standardized input method framework and capabilities for you to develop multiple input methods and functions.
- Standardized telephony system capabilities.
- Comprehensive accessibility development framework for you to easily develop accessibility applications.
- Standardized distributed data management capabilities to synchronize data between devices in real time via distributed DB APIs.
- Enhanced account system capabilities to cover devices without accounts in the HarmonyOS distributed system.
Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates.