Huawei has increased the use of its own chipset in products. According to IHS Markit, this is causing a major shift in the market. The report shows that Samsung and Huawei’s internal chipset shipments in the third quarter of 2019 increased by more than 30% compared to the same period last year, due to this Qualcomm’s share drops from 24% to 8.6%.
In addition, it was revealed South Korean giant Samsung 2019 third quarter at approximately 80.4% of mid-range smartphone uses its own Exynos processor, higher than 2018’s 64.2%. Overall, Samsung smartphones using Exynos reached 61.4% this quarter.
On the other hand, MediaTek increased its share in Huawei mobile phones, rising to 16.7% this quarter, up from 7.3% in the same period last year.
Huawei Kirin SoC Latest News:
- Huawei Kirin 820 chip coming in the middle 2020
- Huawei Kirin 990 5G ranked 2nd in Master Lu chipset ranking
- Huawei Kirin 990 5G won the best 5G Chip Award in China
- How exactly is Kirin 990 5G gaming performance?
- Huawei HiSilicon Kirin History ; SoCs based on ARM architecture
- Huawei Kirin 1020 codenamed BALTIMORE