Huawei Maimang 8: A close look at the device from the flip side reveals a familiar looking design – a design akin to that of the Huawei P20 Pro with a triple camera setup in 2+1 cluster, though the Maimang 8 gets a fingerprint scanner beside the camera setup. It gets a 24MP primary camera, a 16MP ultra-wide-angle camera, alongside a 2MP depth camera, while it gets a single 8MP above the display for selfies. The camera app includes features with auto scene detection, AI night mode, and 480 fps slow motion video.
On the display front, the device is fitted with a 6.21-inch Full HD TUV Rheinland certified display with a water-drop notch, 19:5:9 aspect ratio, 89% screen-to-body ratio, and under the hood is the Kirin 710 SoC with GPU Turbo 2.0, while it boots Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.0 on top.
HUAWEI Maimang 8 specifications
- 6.21-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Kirin 710 12nm (4 x 2.2GHz Cortex-A73 +4 x 1.7GHz Cortex-A53) with ARM Mali-G51 MP4 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 24MP rear camera with LED flash, 480 fps slow motion, secondary 2MP rear camera, 16MP ultra-wide camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 155.2×73.4×7.95mm; Weight: 160g
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS + GLONASS, Micro USB
- 3400mAh (typical) / 3320mAh (minimum) battery
Huawei Maimang 8 Price and Availability
The Maimang 8 has landed in China with a price tag of 1,899 Yuan (~$275). Its color variants are Magic Night Black and Blue Sapphire The official sales of the phone are slated to begin on June 12. Starting from today, buyers in China can pre-order the smartphone.