Huawei P20 series smartphone users grabbing a new software update which brings the January 2021 security patch along with the system optimization.
Huawei P20 and P20 Pro January 2021 patch rolling out with the software version 10.0.0.188 which includes 4 critical, 1 medium, and 25 high levels of CVEs. Check the changelog below.
Huawei P20 and P20 Pro EMUI 10.0.0.188 Changelog:
- 10.0.0.180 → 10.0.0.188
- P20 EML-AL00 & EML-TL00
- P20 Pro CLT-AL00, CLT-AL01, CLT-AL00l, CLT-TL00 & CLT-TL01
This update improves system security using Android security patches.
Integrated Android security patches released in January 2021 for improved system security.
(1) This update will not erase your data but backing up your important data before updating might be useful if in case anything happens.
(2) Before updating make sure that your phone has 60% or above charge.
(3) Download the update through Wi-Fi to avoid extra mobile data charges or failure in downloading the update.
(4) Please wait patiently until the update is processed successfully.
(5) This version is rolling out in batches.
Huawei P20 Pro smartphone runs on Android v8.1 (Oreo) operating system (during the launch). The phone is powered by Octa core (2.36 GHz, Quad core, Cortex A73 + 1.8 GHz, Quad core, Cortex A53) processor.It runs on the HiSilicon Kirin 970 Chipset. It has 6 GB RAM and 128 GB internal storage.
Huawei P20 Pro smartphone has a OLED display. It measures 155 mm x 73.9 mm x 7.8 mm and weighs 180 grams. At the front the phone has a 24 MP f/2.0 Primary Camera and on the rear, there is an 40MP + 20MP + 8MP camera with features like Digital Zoom, Auto Flash, Face detection, Touch to focus. It is backed by a 4000 mAh battery.
HOW TO UPDATE HUAWEI P20?
Settings -> System & updates -> Software update -> CHECK FOR UPDATES -> Download and install
Via Support App: Open Support (HiCare) app -> Services -> Update -> CHECK FOR UPDATES -> Download and install.
Note: Received update? You can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with Screenshots/Updates/Versions/Changelogs.