China warned France against treating Huawei Technologies regarding the 5G terms. It also warned that a difference in treatment based on the country of origin would be considered “blatant discrimination” and “disguised protectionism.”
“We do not wish to see the development” in China of Finland’s Nokia and Sweden’s Ericsson being “impacted because of discrimination and protectionism” against Huawei by France and other European countries, the embassy said.
The statement comes as France prepares to auction off the 5G spectrum in April. “Huawei’s 5G equipment are totally safe” and have never presented any “back door” lapses, the statement from the embassy added.
The Chinese embassy in Paris urged France to establish “transparent criteria and treat all companies in a similar way”.
Huawei 5G Latest News:
- Kirin 990 5G SoC will lead in upcoming years
- Honor V30 series wins 5G mobile phone sales championship
- Huawei 5G phones are the users 1st choice in 2020
- Huawei leading in 5G communications, U.S. worried
- Vodafone announces removal of Huawei equipment from 5G
- To prove Huawei Safety European 5G equipment to be made in Europe
- After UK now EU issues 5G decision on Huawei
- UK decides to allow Huawei in 5G network construction
- Huawei 5G Drone Light Show