Huawei has chosen some of its devices/smartphones for the EMUI 12 beta update. The latest update carries a download size of a total of 2.67 GB. We advise you to download this big update via a proper internet connection. Below you can check the complete changelog of the Huawei EMUI 12.
EMUI 12 beta update changelog
List of Changes
This update introduces EMUI 12 and provides an intuitive interface, a cross-device control panel, and various useful functions.
Supports more flexible font adjustment, in which you can adjust the font size and width with a slider.
Applies the concept of neuromorphism to UI elements. Simple colors, tones, shadows and highlights are used to achieve a more realistic effect.
Supports pressing and holding app folders on the home screen to enlarge them and make the apps within them easier to access.
Panel and Control Panel ] Allows you to swipe down from the top left of the screen to access the Notifications panel to view notifications, and swipe down from the top right of the screen to access the control panel for shortcuts.
Adds an audio control area to the control panel to make it easy to switch between different audio devices and apps.
Smart life in all scenarios
Improves the transfer speed of Huawei Share for faster file sharing between Huawei phones, tablets and laptops.
Adds the MeeTime app that allows you to make HD voice and video calls over WiFi or a data network.
Adds support for screen sharing during video calls, which allows you to tag and share key information in video chats.
Notes on updating
- This update does not delete your personal information. However, it is recommended that you back up important data before upgrading.
- Some third-party apps that are not compatible with EMUI 12 may not work properly after upgrading. It is recommended that you update these apps to the latest version in the app store
- If you have problems updating, call the HUAWEI customer service line or visit a HUAWEI customer service center.
- The home screen layout may change slightly.
- The system version can be rolled back to the official version EMUI 11 in HiSuite. If the system version is rolled back, all of your personal data will be deleted.
- You should therefore back up your data in advance.
- The update package will be automatically deleted after the update is complete.
- You can find more functions in Tips.