Huawei EMUI has officially announced the milestone of EMUI 11 via the Wechat post, revealing that EMUI 11 upgrade users have exceeded 100 million and the next topic is HarmonyOS which is soon available in selected devices.
EMUI 11 was released at the 2020 Huawei Developer Conference held on September 10, 2020. EMUI 11 comes with a smart multi-windows, multi-screen collaboration, smooth connection of large files flashing, Meetime, and more. Users who upgrade EMUI 11 will be given priority to upgrade Hongmeng OS 2.0.
Hongmeng OS is a full-scene distributed operating system owned by Huawei, which can be used in mobile phones, watches, large screens and other devices. It was launched at the Huawei Developer Conference in 2019 and first landed on Huawei’s smart screen products. At the 2020 Huawei Developers Conference, Huawei announced that Huawei smartphones will be fully upgraded to Hongmeng OS 2.0 in 2021 .
EMUI 11 Features:
- EMUI 11 changes the user experience and brings vivid, dynamic visual elements for the Always On Display (AOD). AOD now allows you to customize your screen and showcase your personal style with text and images even when the screen is off.
- The new floating window, without interrupting the current content, quickly view instant messages. It also supports free adjustment of window size, the size is as you like; open multiple task windows, you can switch in the floating ball.
- Animations on EMUI 11 are now smoother, more unified.
- Quick reply without interference: Instant messages are presented in the form of floating windows, you can quickly view and reply without interrupting the current content.
- Window size is now adjustable: Adjust the size freely, without blocking the main content, so you can watch the video while replying to the message.
- The Celia Voice Assistant is available in 11 countries and 7 languages, 2 of which are new launches: Italy and German.
EMUI 11 Full Changelog:
This update introduces EMUI 11, providing a rich array of possibilities for you to stay connected in all scenarios. This new system version carries forward Huawei’s All Scenario design concept and provides a richer and more integrated cross-device experience. Based on the idea of “Technology for people”, EMUI 11 brings more artistic interface design, friendlier interactions, and a more innovative and convenient cross-device connection experience for people to perform better at work and in life.
Technology For People
EMUI 11 refines the user experience and brings vivid, dynamic visual elements for the Always On Display (AOD), AOD now allows you to customize you screen and showcase you personal style by adding text and images that will appear when your screen is off.
Multi-window allow you to open apps in a floating window for multi-tasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen.
Long take animations will be displayed when you are switching between albums in Gallery or between yer and month views in Calendar, for smoother visual effects.
Whether you are toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
System vibrations have been upgraded and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations bring you a more immersive experience.
Optimizes the visual accessibility design in a variety of different scenarios, providing a more user-friendly experience for the visually impaired.
This a special feature that enables your devices to work together to achieve their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop’s screen to improve you productivity with up to three windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei Laptop installed with version 11.0 or later of PC Manager.)
It allows you to scan documents. You can quickly identify and extract text from images, edit the text, export it in multiple files formats and share it.
On the Discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features are optimized, providing you with more instructions on how to use the timeline and edit options.
A new standard fr system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
Privacy And Security
[Undistributed Screen Projection]
When you project your phone onto an eternal display, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.
- This update will not erase your personal data, but we recommend that you back up any important data before updating.
- Some third party apps that are not compatible with EMU I11 may function incorrectly after the update. It is recommended that you update these apps to their latest versions in-app store.
- Your home screen layout may be rearranged slightly.
- This system version can be rolled back to the official version of EMUI 10.1 in HiSuite.
- If you face any error and issues during the update, please call the Huawei customer service.