Huawei’s latest FreeBuds 5i, the company’s latest TWS earbuds and the successor to last year’s FreeBuds 4i. These new headset users are now able to install the latest July 2022 security patch in mainland China.
The Huawei FreeBuds 5i July 2022 update primarily optimizes the system stability and improved Bluetooth connection stability.
Optimize system stability;
Improve Bluetooth connection experience.
The push has been completed on 7/7.
Smart Life App Upgrade Method
1. Make sure the headset is connected to the phone/tablet;
2. Open the Smart Life App, select the corresponding headset card, and enter the main interface of the headset device;
3. Click “Firmware Update” to enter the update check interface; click “Download and Install” to start the upgrade.
Huawei FreeBuds 5i specifications:
- Bluetooth 5.2 to connect to devices
- 10mm dynamic drivers with polymer composite diaphragm for clear and transparent vocals
- Active noise cancellation up to 42 dB, Transparent mode, dual microphone AI call noise reduction
- Double-tap control for Play/Pause music and Answer/End calls, Long Tap for ANC
94 ms Low-latency mode
- Dimensions: 30.9 x 23.9 x 21.7 mm (per earbud);48.2 x 61.8 x 26.9 mm (charging case); Weight: 4.6 g (per
- earbud), 33.9 g (charging case)
55mAh battery (per bud) offers up to 7.5h (6h ANC) playback, 28h (18.5h ANC) playback with charging case
- (410mAh battery), 4h listening with 15 minutes of charging, USB Type-C
It has hybrid active noise cancellation (ANC) up to 42db, up to 7.5h standalone battery life and a new round case in island blue and interstellar black that have delicate texture like pebbles, and the fresh and bright ceramic white like white jade.