Huawei has released the stable EMUI 12 update for the P30 series phone users in the global market and now its time for the Mate 20 X smartphone users.
According to the information, the stable EMUI 12 update for the Mate 20 X EVR-L29 is rolling out with the firmware version EMUI 18.104.22.168 and the update size is around 4.5GB. This update also adds February 2022 security patch for improved system security.
Huawei Mate 20 X Stable EMUI 12 Update Changelog:
List of Changes
This update introduces EMUI 12, providing an intuitive interface and a cross-device panel on the control panel for better smart collaboration.
Supports more flexible font customization where you can adjust font size and width with a slider.
Applies the concept of neuromorphism to UI elements. It uses simple colors, tones, shadows and highlights to achieve a more realistic effect.
Supports pressing and holding app folders on the home screen to enlarge them and make it easier to access the apps inside.
[Notification Panel and Control Panel]
Allows you to swipe down from the top left of the screen to access the notification panel to view notifications, and swipe down from the top right of the screen to access the control panel to use shortcuts.
Adds an audio control panel to the panel to make it easier to switch between different audio devices and apps. Allows you to quickly enable cross-screen collaboration by tapping icons for Huawei laptops and tablets in the “Device+” section of the control panel.
Smart Life in all scenarios
[Cross-Device File Management]
Supports accessing documents or pictures on the phone via a laptop without connecting the two devices with a data cable.
Adds the MeeTime app that allows you to make HD voice and video calls over WiFi or a data network.
Adds support for screen sharing during video calls, allowing you to tag and share key information in video chats.
Note: MeeTime is only available in certain countries and regions: https:// consumer .huawei.com/en/support/content/en-us00956296/
Adds a cooperative authentication function between mobile phones and laptops, which allows you to unlock your phone by entering the screen unlock password for the phone on the Huawei laptop when the phone and the laptop are connected to each other via the cross-screen cooperation are.
[Huawei Share] Improves Huawei Share
transfer speed for faster file sharing between Huawei phones, tablets and laptops.
Notes on Updating
- This update will not delete your personal information. However, it is recommended to back up important data before updating.
- Some third-party apps that are not compatible with EMUI 12 may not work properly after updating. It is recommended to update these apps to the latest version in the app store
- If you encounter problems during the update, call HUAWEI customer hotline or visit a HUAWEI customer service center.
- The home screen layout may change slightly.
- The system version can be rolled back to the official version EMUI 11 in HiSuite. If you roll back the system version, all your personal data will be deleted. Therefore, back up your data beforehand.
- The update package will be automatically deleted after the update is complete.
- See Tips for more features.