December 2021 month is now started and Huawei has started to rollout the security patch updates to its eligible devices. According to the information, Huawei P40 Series and Mate X2 phone users are now able to install the December 2021 security patch update with the latest build number HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199. Check the full changelog below.
Huawei P40 series and Mate X2 HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 Update Changelog:
- Mate X2 4G TET-AL00 MateX2 TET-AN00
- P40 5G – ANA-AN00, ANA-TN00
- P40 4G – ANA-AL00
- P40 Pro 5G – ELS-AN00 & ELS-TN00
- P40 Pro+5G – ELS-AN10
Version update: 184.108.40.206 → 220.127.116.11
- Optimizes the system stability.
- Added new erasing function.
- [Security] Integrates security patches released in December 2021 for improved system security. The December 2021 Huawei EMUI security patch is now live and it fixes 2 critical, 15 high levels of CVEs, 38 medium levels of CVEs while there’s no low level of CVEs. The December 2021 security patch (third-party library) also fixes 7 high levels of CVE as well as 22 levels of medium CVEs.
Huawei P40 Pro, P40 Pro+: Specifications
The two P40 Pro and P40 Pro+ sports a 6.58-inch octa flex display which is curved on both sides. The display is capable of Quad HD+ resolutions and a 90Hz refresh rate. It also supports DCI-P3 HDR colour gamut.
Under the hood, both the phones come running Huawei’s own Kirin 990 chipset paired with 8GB of RAM on the P40 Pro and 8GB of RAM on P40 Pro+. For storage, the P40 Pro gets up to 256GB storage while the P40 Pro+ gets 512GB of memory for storing photos, videos and games.
The cameras are definitely the biggest highlight of the two phones, and it where the two phones differ slightly. For the P40 Pro+, Huawei has gone ahead with a Leica Ultra Vision camera set-up that will comprise of a 50 MP primary lens, a 40 MPsecondary lens, an 8-MP periscope lens, an 8-megapixel telephoto lens, a ToF sensor, and finally a colour temperature sensor too — making it a total of 6 sensors onboard for photography.
The P40 Pro, on the other hand, brings a quad-camera set-up which again has the same branding but will comprise of a 50-megapixel primary lens, a 40-megapixel secondary lens, a 12-megapixel telephoto lens, and a fourth ToF sensor. There will also be a colour temperature sensor on the P40 Pro.
The two phones also get a 4,200 mAh battery with support for 40W wired charging and also 40W super-fast wireless charging on the P40 Pro+ while, 27W wireless charging on the P40 Pro.