Huawei Mate X2 foldable smartphone was launched with new hardware and software capabilities over its predecessors. The all-new Mate X2 comes with two display systems, a powerful Kirin processor with 5G support, and more.
The Mate X2 is not available internationally at present – however, that didn’t stop JerryRigEverything host Zach Nelson from importing a unit just to see how destructible the new foldable phablet is. He confirmed that its case, frame, and secondary display are as robust as those of many other flagship devices.
Its main AMOLED display is coated with polyimide rather than ultra-thin glass as in some other foldable (with scratches at a level 2 with deeper grooves at a level 3). Then again, its hinge seemed capable of repelling grit, even if it was poured all over the device and even ground right into it.
Huawei Mate X2 Specifications:
- Product Name: Huawei Mate X2
- Mode: TET-AN00
- Screen Size: 8 inches; external screen: 6.45 inches
- Screen Type: Internal screen: foldable flexible OLED, up to 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling rate; external screen: flexible OLED, up to 90Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate
- Battery: 4500mAh
- Rear Camera: 50 MP super-sensing camera (wide-angle, f/1.9 aperture, support OIS optical image stabilization) + 16 MP ultra-wide-angle camera (f/2.2 aperture) + 12 MP telephoto camera (f/2.4 aperture, support OIS optical anti-shake Shake) + 8 MP super zoom camera (10x optical zoom, f/4.4 aperture, support OIS optical image stabilization)
- Front Camera: 16 MP wide-angle camera (wide-angle, f/2.2 aperture)
- Screen Color: 16.7 million colors, P3 wide color gamut
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 256GB/512GB
- Resolution: Internal screen: 2480 x 2200 pixels; External screen: 2700 x 1160 pixels
- Processor: Kirin 9000
- OS: EMUI 11.0 (based on Android 10)
- GPU: 24-core Mali-G78
- CPU: 1*Cortex-A77@3.13GHz + 3*Cortex-A77@2.54GHz + 4*Cortex-A55@2.05GHz
- Navigation: Gesture navigation, three-button navigation on the screen, floating navigation
- Network: Support China Unicom/Telecom 5G/4G+/4G/3G/2G, mobile 5G/4G+/4G/2G
Watch Huawei Mate X2 Durability Test Below: