According to the latest information, Huawei has now begun rolling out the first HarmonyOS 2.0 closed beta test software build for 23 Huawei devices that included models from previous-gen flagships such as Mate 20 series to budget smartphones and tablets.
Note that for now the Chinese users are only a part of this HarmonyOS 2.0 beta testing campaign and for the global users the company hasn’t made any official announcement.
The HarmonyOS 2.0 is a brand new operating system and brings a new home screen, control panel, service center, HarmonyOS font, smoother sharing, smart home connection, better security, and more to provide a new user experience.
FIRST BATCH OF HARMONYOS 2.0 CLOSED BETA Huawei Devices List:
- Huawei Mate Xs
- Huawei Mate 20
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Huawei Mate 20 RS Porsche Design
- Huawei Mate 20 X (4G)
- Huawei Nova 6
- Huawei Nova 6 5G
- Huawei Nova 6 SE
- Huawei Nova 7
- Huawei Nova 7 Pro
- Huawei Nova 7 SE
- Huawei Nova 7 SE Lohas Edition
- Huawei Nova 7 SE Vitality Edition
- Huawei Nova 8
- Huawei Nova 8 Pro
- Huawei Nova 8 SE
- Huawei Maimang 9
- Huawei Enjoy Z 5G
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Pro 5G
- Huawei MatePad 10.4
- Huawei MatePad 10.4 5G
- Huawei MatPad 10.8
- Huawei Smart Screen S Pro 75
- Huawei Smart Screen S Pro 65
- Huawei Smart Screen S 75
- Huawei Smart Screen S 65
- Huawei Smart Screen S 55
Check the latest Huawei Devices with HarmonyOS 2.0 beta versions
- Huawei Mate Xs: EMUI 22.214.171.124 – HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199
- Huawei Mate 20 series: EMUI 188.8.131.52 – HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206
- Huawei Nova 6 series: EMUI 220.127.116.11 – HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168
- Huawei Nova 6 SE: EMUI 10.1.0.234 – HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124
- Huawei Nova 7 series: EMUI 126.96.36.199 – HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52
- Huawei Nova 7 SE: EMUI 10.1.0.212 – HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206
- Huawei Nova 7 SE Lohas Edition: EMUI 10.1.1.142 – HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11
- Huawei Nova 7 SE Vitality Edition: EMUI 18.104.22.168 – HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124
- Huawei Nova 8: EMUI 126.96.36.199 – HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52
- Huawei Nova 8 Pro: EMUI 184.108.40.206 – HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11
- Huawei Nova 8 SE: EMUI 10.1.1.152 – HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168
- Huawei Maimang 9: EMUI 10.1.1.209 – HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124
- Huawei Enjoy Z 5G: EMUI 10.1.1.211 – HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Plus: EMUI 10.1.1.169 – HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52
- Huawei Enjoy 20 Pro 5G: EMUI 10.1.1.211 – HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206
- Huawei MatePad 10.4: EMUI 220.127.116.11/183 – HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168
- Huawei MatePad 10.8: EMUI 22.214.171.124 – HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199
- Huawei Smart Screen S Pro 75 yet to receive HarmonyOS 2.0 beta build
- Huawei Smart Screen S Pro 65 yet to receive HarmonyOS 2.0 beta build
- Huawei Smart Screen S 75 yet to receive HarmonyOS 2.0 beta build
- Huawei Smart Screen S 65 yet to receive HarmonyOS 2.0 beta build
- Huawei Smart Screen S 55 yet to receive HarmonyOS 2.0 beta build
HarmonyOS 2.0 beta version changelog:
Swiping up on the app icon generates a service widget, which can be resized dragged to a new location, or added to your custom home screen.
Swiping down from the upper-right edge of the screen takes you to Control Panel. Device Control access has been added to the shortcut switches panel so that you can control all of your devices with the same ease as navigating on your phone.
If you swipe up from the lower left or lower right corner on the screen, the system will lead to the Service Center. This is the place, where all of your collected service widgets are stored and ready to offer access to your desired services.
HarmonyOS adds support for app categorization and management. By pressing down on a standard folder displays a large folder, which offers direct access to desired apps.
HarmonyOS brings support for step-free font Weight adjustments and adjusts the size of the font itself.
Under this label, HarmonyOS brings you the capability to transfer files on cross-device platforms without requiring a data cable with the power of Huawei Share, which increases the file transfer speed and provides faster and secure file sharing between Huawei smartphones, computers, and tablets.
All operations, including touches and swipes, are smoother and more natural, with images and videos loading more quickly as well.
Support task status saving in frequently-used apps, meaning that even after you’ve switched to another app, you can pick up a previous task right from where you had left off.
The App Guard mode is enabled by default, to ensure that all apps subject deep scans for malicious behavior, security vulnerabilities, privacy risks, and other related behaviors while being installed.
This prevents risky apps from being installed while helping safeguard the secure running environment of the entire system.
The TEE OS security kernel has obtained the CC EAL5+ certification, indicating the highest security level for a global commercial operating system kernel. The HarmonyOS operating system has obtained CC EAL4+ security certification, China’s highest security certification.
Offers nimble, intelligent operations on household appliances, such as quickly accessing the phone’s network from the devices, controlling screenless devices, installation-free apps, and direct service access, which can be accessed by tapping your phone against the selected household appliance, or bringing your phone into the proximity to the appliance.
Add a mobile – Computer collaborative authentication feature and allows you to unlock your phone by entering the phone’s screen unlock password on your Huawei computer when your phone and computer are connected via multi-screen collaboration.