According to Counterpoint Research’s latest global 5G mobile phone research report, Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra is the world’s best-selling 5G model in September 2020. The Samsung device Note 20 Ultra accounted for 5% of the market share of all 5G models, followed by Huawei P40 Pro 5G, which was the best-selling 5G, mobile phone model, in August.
The third to tenth places are Huawei nova 7, Samsung Galaxy S20+, Huawei P40, vivo Y70s, OPPO Reno 4, Samsung Galaxy Note 20, Honor 30S and OPPO A72.
The top five accounted for 21.6%, the top ten accounted for 36.7%, and a total of 7 models in the top ten were made by Chinese manufacturers. Counterpoint Research stated that this is not surprising considering that more than 60% of the global 5G market is located in China.
Starting from about 50 5G models in the first quarter of 2020, there are currently more than 200 5G models in the world. The appeal of 5G models to users is very small, especially from the first quarter of 2020 to the third quarter of 2020, the sales of 5G models have increased by nearly 300%.
Global Top 10 5G Smartphone models by sales market share, September 2020:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
- Huawei P40 Pro
- Huawei Nova 7
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus
- Huawei P40
- vivo Y70s
- Oppo Reno 4
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20
- Honor 30S
- Oppo A72
Huawei P40 Pro Specifications:
- Measures: Width 72.06 mm, Height 158.20 mm, Depth 8.95 mm
- Weight: Approx. 209 g
- Colors: Silver Frost & Black
- Display Size: 6.58 inches
- Type: OLED, up to 90 Hz frame refresh rate
- Resolution: FHD+ 2640 x 1200 Pixels
- Splash, Water, and Dust Resistant: IP68
- Processor: HUAWEI Kirin 990 5G (Octa-core 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.86 GHz + 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.36 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.95 GHz)
- GPU: 16-Core Mali-G76
- Operating System: EMUI 10.1 (Based on Android 10)
- Memory: 8 GB RAM + 256 GB ROM
- Rear Camera:50 MP Ultra Vision Camera (Wide Angle, f/1.9 aperture, OIS) + 40 MP Cine Camera (Ultra-Wide Angle, f/1.8 aperture) + 12 MP SuperSensing Telephoto Camera (f/3.4 aperture, OIS) + 3D Depth Sensing Camera
- Front Camera:32 MP Selfie Camera (f/2.2 aperture) + Depth Camera
- Battery: 4,200 mAh, HUAWEI SuperCharge (Max 40 W)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax, 2 x 2 MIMO, HE160, 1024 QAM, 8 Spatial-stream Sounding MU-MIMO
- Bluetooth: 5.1, Support BLE, SBC, AAC, LDAC
- Data Cable Port: USB Type-C, 3.1
- Location:GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), AGPS, Glonass, BeiDou (B1I + B1C + B2a Tri-band), Galileo (E1 + E5a dual band), QZSS (L1 + L5 dual band), NavIC
- NFC: Support
- Sensors: Gesture Sensor, Gravity Sensor, Infrared Sensor, Fingerprint Sensor, Hall Sensor, Gyroscope, Compass, Ambient Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Colour Temperature Sensor.