According to the information, Huawei recently published a patent called “Mobile Phone Protective Case”, the publication number is CN306667045S, and the application date is January 2021. The patent summary shows that the key to the design of this design product lies in the shape of the product. In addition, the summary drawing shows that the mobile phone case is a clamshell-type and can serve as a mobile phone holder.
As seen in the patent image below, this protective case is a side flip design, with an opening for the camera module on the back, and its shape is similar to that of Huawei’s folding screen mobile phone Mate X2. The patent description stated that the vertical bar at the end of the protective case is a transparent window, and it is expected that the time and notifications displayed on the screen can be checked through the window.
Huawei also showed a 3D rendering of this protective case with Huawei Mate X2 in the patent. It can be seen that the mobile phone protective shell can be folded outward to form a stable bracket for supporting the mobile phone. The body of the protective case is made of transparent material, but the foldable part and the back are made of opaque black material.
Huawei Mate X2 Specifications:
- Screen Size: 8 inches; external screen: 6.45 inches
- Screen Type: Internal screen: foldable flexible OLED, up to 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling rate; external screen: flexible OLED, up to 90Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate
- Battery: 4500mAh
- Rear Camera: 50 MP super-sensing camera (wide-angle, f/1.9 aperture, support OIS optical image stabilization) + 16 MP ultra-wide-angle camera (f/2.2 aperture) + 12 MP telephoto camera (f/2.4 aperture, support OIS optical anti-shake Shake) + 8 MP super zoom camera (10x optical zoom, f/4.4 aperture, support OIS optical image stabilization)
- Front Camera: 16 MP wide-angle camera (wide-angle, f/2.2 aperture)
- Screen Color: 16.7 million colors, P3 wide color gamut
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 256GB/512GB
- Resolution: Internal screen: 2480 x 2200 pixels; External screen: 2700 x 1160 pixels
- Processor: Kirin 9000
- OS: EMUI 11.0 (based on Android 10)
- GPU: 24-core Mali-G78
- CPU: 1*Cortex-A77@3.13GHz + 3*Cortex-A77@2.54GHz + 4*Cortex-A55@2.05GHz