Huawei has started upgrading the MediaPad M6 8.4 inches and Turbo Edition to its latest software version EMUI 11. For beta testers, this update is rolling out with version number EMUI 126.96.36.199 upgraded 188.8.131.52. Huawei Media M6 8.4 inches and Turbo Edition EMUI 10.1 users grabbing EMUI 11 version 184.108.40.206 upgraded from 10.1.0.190.
Alongside this, Huawei has also released the January 2021 security patch for the beta testers, which fixes different levels of exploits and issues to protect your device against threats.
FOR USERS ON EMUI 11:
Security: Integrates Android security patches released in January 2021 for improved system security.
January 2021 Security Patch Details: Installs security fixes for different levels of exploits and issues within Huawei phones including 4 critical, 1 medium, and 25 high levels of CVEs.
FOR USERS ON EMUI 10.1:
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- Gallery: On the discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features are optimized providing you with more instructions on how to use the timeline and edit options.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- File Transfer: New large file flash transfer function allows the user to transfer large files, HD video, and images without any fear of size, distance, and image quality are not compressed.
- AI Subtitles: AI Subtitles support converting audio to text for songs, videos, or speech picked up by your microphone even when the sound volume is turned off, as well as translating English content into Chinese in real-time.
- Parallel Vision: Supports Toutiao, Dingding, and QQ mailboxes. Drag and switch between parallel vision dual windows and fullscreen.
- Photo sharing privacy: This allows you to remove the shooting location, time, and device information from photos before sharing them
- System translation: Translate screen allows you to touch and hold the text on a foreign language web page with one finger, or on a picture with two fingers, to have the text translated. You can also adjust the area of the screen to be translated.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode onto your Huawei laptop, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.