Huawei has started rolling out the August 2020 security update for the Huawei Nova 5 series (Nova 5z, Nova 5i Pro, Nova 5) smartphone users. This update incorporates the Android security patch, which enhances the security of the mobile phone system. Check the changelog below.
Huawei Nova 5 series (Nova 5z, Nova 5i Pro, Nova 5) August Update Changelog:
- Nova 5z Model: SPN-AL00
- Nova 5i Pro Model:SPN-AL00
- Nova 5 Model: SEA-AL00
- 10.1.0.90 → 10.1.0.92 (For all Models)
This update improves system security with Google security patches.
Integrates Google security patches released in August 2020 for improved system security.
- Ensure that your device has 50% of battery backup before downloading or installing the package.
- Use WiFi/mobile data to download the package.
- This update rollout process will take some time to reach all the devices. So please be patient.
- This update will not erase your data but I recommend you backup your important data before proceeding.
- Currently rolling out in China.
If you haven’t received a notification yet, check for the OTA update in Settings manually, just tap on the Setting option in your smartphone, Settings > System > Software update > Check for Updates > Download and install.
You can also update using the Suppor app. Open the app, go to HiCare (Support)> Update > Check for updates.
If you have received the latest EMUI update on your smartphone, you can send us an email at (email@example.com) with Screenshots/Updates/Versions/Changelogs.