Back in December, Huawei unveiled its Nova 8 Series and Huawei Enjoy 20 SE smartphones in China. The Nova 8 Pro is the first 120Hz refresh rate display phone on the company’s portfolio that features a 300Hz touch sampling rate, 6.72 inches 2676*1236 resolution screen with 440ppi and more
Now, according to the Weibo tipster, the Huawei Nova 9 smartphone is said to be launch with Kirin 990E. Apart from the SoC information, there are no other specs available for now.
It is reported that the main difference between Kirin 990 SoC and 990E chips is the number of cores, which are based on 7nm+EUV process technology. Kirin 990 5G is based on Da Vinci architecture, adopts NPU dual core + NPU micro-core computing architecture, supplemented by 16-core Mail-G76 GPU; 990E chip reduces GPU to 14-core Mail-G76 and NPU to single core design.
These two chips are exactly the same in terms of CPU, and both integrate two large cores (2.86GHz) based on the magic modification of the A76 architecture + two middle cores (2.36GHz) based on the magic modification of the A76 architecture + four small A55 cores ( 1.95GHz).
Huawei Nova 8 Specifications:
- Display: 6.57 inches
- 1.07 billion colors, DCI-P3 wide color gamut
- Resolution: FHD+ 2340*1080 pixels
- Processor: HUAWEI Kirin 985 (kirin 985)
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 128GB/256GB
- Rear Camera: 64MP (f/1.9 aperture) + 8MP (ultra wide-angle, f/2.4 aperture) + 2MP (f/2.4 aperture) + 2MP (f/2.4 aperture), support automatic Focus (phase focus/contrast focus).
- Front Camera: 32MP, f/2.0 aperture
- Battery: 3800mAh (Lithium Polymer battery)
- : Rear camera maximum support 4K (3840×2160) video recording, support EIS anti-shake; support 720p@960fps super slow-motion video; front camera: maximum support 3840 × 2160 pixels.