Sticking with the good track record of security patch releases, the November 2021 update hit the flagship Huawei Mate 40 5G series. The monthly Huawei security patch report notes that the November patch includes fixes for over a dozen common on-device vulnerabilities. Changelogs are available to those already downloading the OTA in selected regions.
The November 2021 security patch update for the Mate 40 5G series is rolling out with the software version HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199. The November 2021 patch includes 1 critical, 22 high levels of CVEs, and 8 medium levels of CVEs.
Huawei Mate 40 5G Series HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 Update Changelog:
Version Update: 184.108.40.206/210 → 220.127.116.11
List of Updates
This update uses security patches to improve system security.
Integrates security patches released in November 2021 for improved system security.
Huawei Mate 40 Pro Key Specifications:
- Display: 6.76 inches FHD+ (2772 x 1344) with 90Hz refresh rate
- CPU: HiSilicon Kirin 9000
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 256GB
- Rear cameras: 50MP main (f1.9), 20MP cine/ultra-wide (f1.8), 12MP telephoto, laser depth sensor
- Zoom: 5x optical, up to 50x digital
- Front cameras: 13MP wide (f/2.4) & 3D Depth Sensing Camera
- 5G: sub6GHz
- Operating system: Android 11 with EMUI 11
- Battery: 4,400 mAh
- Max. charging speed: 66W wired, 50W wireless
- Size: 6.41 x 2.97 x 0.35 inches (162.9 x 75.5 x 9.1 mm)
- Weight: 7.47 ounces (212g)
Notes on updating:
1. This update will not delete your personal data, but we recommend that you back up any important data before updating.
2. If you have problems during the update, call the Huawei customer service line or visit a Huawei customer service center.
3. The update package will be automatically deleted when the update is complete.
If you have received the latest EMUI update on your smartphone, you can send us an email (email@example.com) with Screenshots/Updates/Versions/Changelogs.