According to Ross Young, the CEO of Display Supply Chain Consultants, Huawei will launch a cheapest foldable phone this year, alongside the Huawei Mate 40 series. Huawei Mate X and Mate Xs previously launched by Huawei. This upcoming foldable will be different from these two devices.
Young said that “ We expect Huawei to develop both a clamshell and an in-folding model, and we believe they are struggling to find an ultra-thin glass solution for the clamshell at the moment. But we expect to offer an in-folding model later this year, at a fairly aggressive price. ”
According to reports, Huawei has already placed a large order of 500,000 units for this upcoming foldable smartphone, which will be “aggressively priced”. Ross Young claimed that we can expect this product to hit the market sometime in September or October 2020.
Huawei Mate Xs Specifications:
- Display: Unfolded 8-inches, Folded – 6.6-inches Front, 6.38 inches Back
- Processor: Kirin 990 5G
- OS: EMUI 10 (Android 10)
- 8 GB RAM + 512 GB ROM storage
- SuperSensing Cine Camera 40 MP (Cine Camera, f/1.8 aperture) + 40 MP (SuperSensing Camera, f/1.6 aperture, OIS) + 8 MP (Telephoto Camera, f/2.4 aperture, OIS) + 3D Depth Sensing Camera
- 32 MP, f/2.0 aperture (front camera)
- WLAN (802.11a), Bluetooth (5.1), USB (Type-C), Earjack (Type-C)
- 4500 mAh (65W – Huawei superCharge, Wireless Supercharge 27W)
- Gravity Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Gyroscope, Compass, Fingerprint Sensor, Hall sensor, Barometer, Infrared sensor, color temperature sensor.