Huawei P40 Lite (Cdy-nx9a) smartphone users in the UK are now finally able to install the stable EMUI 12 update. The update package size is 5.2 GB. As we know that EMUI 12 is a major update, you should definitely take the time to make a backup of your data this time.
You can find the data backup in the settings under System → Backup & restore. You can find out the details of the EMUI 12 in the changelog below.
Huawei P40 Lite 5G cdy-nx9a Stable EMUI 12 Changelog: (Thanks Gianpiero Celano For This Amazing Tip)
This update introduces EMUI 12, providing you with an intuitive interface and a multi-device section in the Control Panel for a better smart collaboration experience.
Supports more flexible font adjustment, allowing you to adjust the size and weight with a slider.
Applies the concept of neumorphism to Ul elements by using simple color tones, shadows, and highlights to create a more realistic effect.
Supports touching and holding app folders on the home screen to enlarge them for easier access to the apps within them.
[Notification Panel and Control Panel]
Allows you to swipe down from the top left side of the screen to access the Notification Panel to view notifications, and from the top right side to access the Control Panel to use shortcuts.
Adds an audio control section to Control Panel, making it easier to switch between different audio devices and audio apps.
Smart Life in All Scenarios
Adds a mobile phone-laptop collaborative authentication feature, which allows you to unlock your phone by entering the phone’s screen unlock password on your Huawei laptop when your phone and laptop are connected via Multi-Screen Collaboration.
[Cross-Device File Management]
Supports accessing documents or images on your phone using a laptop without having to connect the two devices with a data cable.
Improves the transmission speed of Huawei Share for faster file sharing between Huawei phones, tablets, and laptops.
Huawei P40 Lite 5G Specifications
- Processor: Kirin 820 5G (ARM Cortex-A76 cores with a maximum of 2.36 gigahertz and four ARM Cortex-A55 cores that reach up to 1.8 gigahertz).
- RAM: 6GB, 128 GB internal memory.
- Display: 6.5-inch FHD+ IPS
- OS: Android 10 (EMUI 10.1)
- Resolution: 2400×1080 pixels and does not have rounded corners
- Front Camera: Hole in the upper left corner of the panel and offers 16-megapixel resolution and an F / 2.0 aperture.
- Rear Camera: 4 Cameras (64-megapixel main camera with f/1.8 aperture, an 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera with f/2.4 aperture, a 2-megapixel macro camera, and a 2-megapixel depth camera.
- Battery: 4000mAh capacity
1. This update will not erase your personal data, but we recommend that you back up any important data before updating.
2. Some third-party apps that are not compatible with EMUI 12 may function incorrectly after the update. It is recommended that you update these apps to their latest versions in app store.
3. If you encounter any issues during the update, please call the Huawei customer service hotline or visit a Huawei customer service center for assistance.
4. Your home screen layout may be rearranged slightly.
5. This system version can be rolled back to the official version of EMUI 11 in HiSuite. Rolling back the system version will erase your personal data. Please backup your data in advance.
6. The update package will be deleted automatically after the update is complete.
7. For more features, visit Tips.