Huawei P30 Pro and P30 Lite NE have been recently upgraded with the stable EMUI 12 update and now the P30 users are now able to install this update with the firmware version 220.127.116.11. The EMUI 12 update comes in at 4.52GB on P30, which is really big. Even if you have a lot of data, you probably don’t want to use it all up on a single update. I would therefore advise you to download via a WLAN.
As with the other EMUI 12 updates, the February 2022 security patch is also included here.
Huawei P30 ELE-L29 18.104.22.168(C431E3R2P2) Update Changelog:
List of Changes
This update introduces EMUI 12, providing an intuitive interface and a cross-device panel on the control panel for better smart collaboration.
Supports more flexible font customization where you can adjust font size and width with a slider.
Applies the concept of neuromorphism to UI elements. It uses simple colors, tones, shadows and highlights to achieve a more realistic effect.
Supports pressing and holding app folders on the home screen to enlarge them and make it easier to access the apps inside.
[Notification Panel and Control Panel]
Allows you to swipe down from the top left of the screen to access the notification panel to view notifications, and swipe down from the top right of the screen to access the control panel to use shortcuts.
Adds an audio control panel to the panel to make it easier to switch between different audio devices and apps. Allows you to quickly enable cross-screen collaboration by tapping icons for Huawei laptops and tablets in the “Device+” section of the control panel.
Smart Life in all scenarios
Adds a cooperative authentication function between mobile phones and laptops, which allows you to unlock your phone by entering the screen unlock password for the phone on the Huawei laptop when the phone and the laptop are connected to each other via the cross-screen cooperation are.
[Cross-Device File Management]
Supports accessing documents or pictures on the phone via a laptop without connecting the two devices with a data cable.
Adds the MeeTime app that allows you to make HD voice and video calls over WiFi or a data network.
Adds support for screen sharing during video calls, allowing you to tag and share key information in video chats.
Note: MeeTime is only available in certain countries and regions: https:// consumer .huawei.com/en/support/content/en-us00956296/
[Huawei Share] Improves Huawei Share
transfer speed for faster file sharing between Huawei phones, tablets and laptops.
- This update will not delete your personal information. However, it is recommended to back up important data before updating.
- Some third-party apps that are not compatible with EMUI 12 may not work properly after updating. It is recommended to update these apps to the latest version in the App Store
- If you encounter problems during the update, call HUAWEI customer hotline or visit a HUAWEI customer service center.
- The home screen layout may change slightly.
- The system version can be rolled back to the official version EMUI 11 in HiSuite. If you roll back the system version, all your personal data will be deleted. Therefore, back up your data beforehand.
- The update package will be automatically deleted after the update is complete.
- See Tips for more features.