Honor Play 4 Pro 5G smartphone users in China getting the month-old security patch update. The latest firmware update rolling out with build number 188.8.131.52 (based on Magic UI 3.1). The smartphone gets the company’s in-house Kirin 990 chip and the Play 4 Pro 5G also supports a 40W super fast charge. Note that the update size is about 1.2GB so users are advised to download it via proper internet connection.
Honor Play 4 Pro Magic UI 184.108.40.206 Changelog:
Version Update: 220.127.116.11/118— 18.104.22.168
Integrates Google security patches released in September 2020 for improved system security.
This security update includes the CVE announced in the November 2020 Android security bulletin. It includes 4 Critical, 15 High levels CVE.
How to update?
Go to Settings -> ‘System & updates’ -> ‘Software update’ -> ‘Check for updates’ -> ‘Download and install’. Or download via Support app.
Honor Play 4 Pro Specifications:
- Display: 6.57 inches, TFT LCD (IPS)
- Resolution: 2400*1080 pixels
- OS: Magic UI 3.1.0 (Android 10)
- Processor: Kirin 990
- GPU: Mali – G76
- Rear Camera: 40 MP (f/1.8 aperture AF) + 8 MP (f/2.4 aperture AF OIS), supports auto focus (laser focus/phase focus/contrast focus)
- Front Camera: 32 MP (f/2.0 aperture FF) + 8 MP (f/2.2 aperture FF), supports a fixed focal length.
- Battery: 4200mAh
- Other: Bluetooth 5.1, USB Type-C.