Huawei’s famous P series smartphones the P30 and P30 Pro now grabbing the January 2021 security update in China as well the EMUI 11 stable update globally. The January 2021 patch for Huawei P30 and P30 Pro rolling out with software version 188.8.131.52 and the package size is 268MB.
Meanwhile, the stable EMUI 11 update for P30 series global users rolling out with version 184.108.40.206 and a package size of 1.81GB.
Huawei P30 Series EMUI 220.127.116.11 Changelog:
- Huawei P30 ELE – AL00 & ELE-TL00
- Huawei P30 Pro – VOG-AL00/VOG-AL10 & VOG-TL00
This update improves system security with Android security patches.
Integrates Android security patches released in January 2021 for improved system security.
HOW TO UPDATE:
Via Support: Open app -> Services Tab -> Update -> CHECK FOR UPDATES -> Download and install.
Via Settings: Open System Settings -> System -> Software update -> CHECK FOR UPDATES -> Download and install.
Huawei P30 Pro Specifications:
- Size: 73.4 mm x 158.0 mm x 8.41 mm
- Weight: Approx. 192 g
- Display: 6.47
- Type: OLED
- Resolution: FHD+ 2340 x 1080
- Resistant: IP68
- Processor: HUAWEI Kirin 980 Octa-core Processor, Dual NPUs(Neural-network Processing Unit), 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.6 GHz+ 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 1.92 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.8 GHz
- OS: EMUI 9.1 (Based on Android 9) [At Launch]
- Memory: 8 GB RAM + 256 GB ROM
- Rear Camera: Rear Camera: Leica Quad Camera: 40 MP (Wide Angle Lens, f/1.6 aperture,OIS) + 20 MP (Ultra Wide Angle Lens, f/2.2 aperture) + 8 MP (Telephoto, f/3.4 aperture,OIS), HUAWEI Time-of-Flight (TOF) Camera, supports autofocus (phase focus, contrast focus), supports AIS (HUAWEI AI Image Stabilization)
- Front Camera: 32 MP, f/2.0 aperture
- Battery: 4,200mAh
- Charging: HUAWEI SuperCharge (Max 40 W), HUAWEI Wireless Quick Charge (15 W)
- Network: VOG-L29D: Primary SIM card: 4G FDD LTE: Bands 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/12/17/18/19/20/26/28/32, 4G TDD LTE: Bands 34/38/39/40/B41(2,535-2,655 MHz), 3G WCDMA: Bands 1/2/4/5/6/8/19, 3G TDS: Bands 34/39, 2G GSM: Bands 2/3/5/8(850/900/1,800/1,900 MHz)
- Connectivity: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (wave2), 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, Bluetooth 5.0, BLE, SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX HD, LDAC and HWA Audio
- Location: GPS (L1 + L5 Dual Band)/AGPS/Glonass/BeiDou/Galileo (E1 + E5a Dual Band)/QZSS (L1 + L5 Dual Band)
- Sensors: Ambient Light Sensor, In-Screen Fingerprint Sensor,Gyroscope, Compass, Proximity Sensor,Gravity Sensor, Hall Sensor, Infrared Sensor and Colour Temperature Sensor.
EMUI 11 CHANGELOG:
This update introduces EMUI 11, providing a rich array of possibilities for you to stay connected in all scenarios. This new system version carries forward Huawei’s All SCenario design concept and provides a richer and more integrated cross-device experience. Based on the idea of “Technology for people”, EMUI 11 brings a more artistic interface design, friendlier interactions, and a more innovative and convenient cross-device connection experience for people to perform better at work and in life.
- Smart Always On Display (AOD): Refines the user experience and introduces brand-new visual elements for the AOD, allowing you to customize and showcase your personal style by adding text and images that will appear when your screen is off.
- Artistic Theme: Adds the Starry Night theme, featuring vivid color painting. (You can apply this theme in the Themes app.)
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen. Long take animations will be displayed when you are switching between albums in Gallery or between year and month views in Calendar, for smoother visual effects.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been upgraded, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations brings you a more immersive experience.
- Multi-screen Collaboration: This is a special feature that enables your devices to work together to achieve their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop’s screen to improve your productivity with up to three windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei laptop installed with version 11.0 or later of PC manager.)
- Gallery: On the discover tab in Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features are optimized providing you with more instructions on how to use the timeline and edit options.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode onto your Huawei laptop, messages and incoming calls are displayed only on your phone screen, both protecting your privacy and ensuring the continuity of screen projection.
- NotePad Privacy: This allows you to lock notes in NotePad.
- Photo sharing privacy: This allows you to remove the shooting location, time, and device information from photos before sharing them.