Latest research data released by market research firm IDC shows that Apple continues its dominance of the wearable market.
Samsung and Huawei have boosted their figures by a significantly higher degree than Apple during Q1, 2019 in the wearable market.
According to a statement by Jitesh Ubrani, research manager for IDC Mobile Device Trackers; “The elimination of headphone jacks and the increased usage of smart assistants both inside and outside the home have been driving factors in the growth of ear-worn wearables.”
He added, “Looking ahead, this will become an increasingly important category as a major platform and device makers use ear-worn devices as an on-ramp to entice consumers into an ecosystem of wearable devices that complement the smartphone but also offer the ability to leave the phone behind when necessary.”
Huawei recorded a massive growth of 282.2%, shipping an estimated 5 million units of wearable devices globally. On the other and, Apple shipped 12.8 million and Xiaomi 6.6 million units.
- EMUI 9.1 public beta now available for these 14 Huawei and Honor devices
- Screenshots Of Ark OS, the new Huawei OS
- Huawei new OS Hongmeng trademarked
- Huawei equipment for 5G spotted during BBC News programme
Samsung shipped an estimated 4.3 million units and Fitbit completed the top 5 with a total shipment of 2.9 million wearables.
- How To Change Display Density On Huawei P30 pro
- Huawei P30 Pro Tips And Tricks: How To Turn On Display for Notifications
- Huawei P30/P30 Pro Tips: Raise Phone to Answer Calls
- How to use Huawei P30 and P30 Pro as a Car Key
- Huawei P30 Pro camera tips and tricks
- Quick Tip: How to update any Huawei device to EMUI 9
- How to use slow motion on Huawei P20 Pro
- How to change keyboard in Huawei P20 Pro
- How to change keyboard language in Huawei P20 Pro
- First 5 things you should do with your Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- How to Reset FRP Bypass Google Account on Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- How to fix black screen issue on Huawei P20 Pro