Update News: August 20, 2022
The Huawei P20 smartphone users are also getting the stable EMUI 12 update with the firmware version 188.8.131.52(C432E5R1P1).
Original News: August 16, 2022
Huawei P20 Pro is now finally grabbing the stable EMUI 12 update in Europe. The latest update is rolling out with the firmware version EMUI 184.108.40.206 and comes with 4.42 GB of download size, the latest update recommends using a WLAN.
Huawei P20 Pro CLT-L29 220.127.116.11(C432E5R1P1) Update Changelog:
List of Changes
This update introduces EMUI 12, providing an intuitive interface, a cross-device control panel, and various useful features.
Supports more flexible font customization where you can adjust font size and width with a slider.
Applies the concept of neuromorphism to UI elements. It uses simple colors, tones, shadows and highlights to achieve a more realistic effect.
Supports pressing and holding app folders on the home screen to enlarge them and make it easier to access the apps inside.
[Notification Panel and Control Panel]
Allows you to swipe down from the top left of the screen to access the notification panel to view notifications, and swipe down from the top right of the screen to access the control panel to use shortcuts. Adds an audio control panel to the panel to make it easier to switch between different audio devices and apps.
Allows you to easily multitask in split screen mode and send messages in a floating window while watching videos or gaming. Swipe in from the left or right edge of the screen and hold the screen to display the multi-window dock. Press and hold an app icon in the Dock and drag it to the side of the screen to share the screen. Alternatively, tap an app icon to view it in a floating window. You can later minimize the floating window to a floating bubble for easier access.
Smart Life in All Scenarios
Supports accessing documents or pictures on the phone from a laptop without connecting the two devices with a data cable.
Improves Huawei Share transfer speed for faster file sharing between Huawei phones, tablets and laptops.
[MeeTime] Adds the MeeTime app that allows you to make HD voice and video calls over WiFi or a data network. Adds support for screen sharing during video calls, allowing you to tag and share key information in video chats. Note: MeeTime is only available in certain countries and regions: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/content/en-us00956296/
Allows you to scan documents. You can now quickly identify and extract text from images, edit the text, export to multiple file formats, and share.
The Discover tab in Gallery allows you to create video stories using pre-installed templates, special effects and background music. The video editing features have been streamlined and provide further instructions on how to use the timeline and editing options.
Projection] When you project your phone to your Huawei laptop in Do Not Disturb mode, messages and incoming calls will only appear on the phone screen. This protects your data and avoids screen projection interruptions.
Notes on the update:
1. This update will not delete your personal information. However, it is recommended to back up important data before updating.
2. Some third-party apps that are not compatible with EMUI 12 may not work properly after updating. It is recommended to update these apps to the latest version in the app store.
3. If you encounter problems during the update, call Huawei customer hotline or visit a Huawei customer service center.
4. The home screen layout may be changed slightly.
5. The system version can be rolled back to the official version EMUI 10 in HiSuite. If you roll back the system version, all your personal data will be deleted. Therefore, back up your data beforehand.
6. The update package will be automatically deleted after the update is complete.
7. For more functions, see Tips.
8. After the update, the Wi-Fi Calling feature will be disabled for certain SIM cards by default. If needed, you can turn it on manually in Settings > Cellular network > Cellular data.
Integrates security patches released in June 2022 for improved system security.