Huawei’s latest Emotion UI the EMUI 10.1 features Multi-Screen Collaboration, MeeTime (Video Calls), Screen Share, Hey Celia (Assitant), Mobile Office, and more. This update rolled out in two forms such as Stable and Beta. During the update, if your device messed up and looking for the previous version downgrade method then here in this tutorial we will check how to How to downgrade EMUI 10.1 to the previous version like EMUI 10 or EMUI 9.
You can downgrade or roll back to the previous official version using HiSuite, without downloading any intermediate packages. To ensure that the rollback succeeds, read the instructions carefully, and perform the steps as instructed.
1) Please note that moving back to the old version will erase all data on your device. Take a backup before downgrading your device.
2) Use a computer running a Windows operating system to visit http://consumer.huawei.com/minisite/HiSuite_en/index.html and download the latest version of HiSuite. If HiSuite is installed on your computer, click the version number in the lower-left corner of the page to check if it is the latest version. Make sure the HiSuite version is 126.96.36.1993 _OVE or above.
3) Make sure your phone has not been upgraded using non-official updates. Otherwise, the roll-back may fail and unknown issues may be introduced. If you have used non-official packages to upgrade your phone, it is recommended that you go to an after-sales service center to roll back your phone.
4) Make sure that your phone system has not been unlocked or rooted. If the system has been unlocked or rooted, it is recommended that you go to an after-sales service center to roll back your phone.
5) Have enough space.
6) Keep your smartphone or device battery percentage above 50%.
How to downgrade EMUI 10.1 to the previous version?
Step 1: Connect your phone to a computer using a USB cable. Touch “Transfer files”, then touch “OK” on the phone to allow the computer to access your phone.
Click “Confirmed” to authorize your computer to manage your device.
Step 2: Click “OK” to install HiSuite on your phone (If your phone has installed HiSuite, skip this step)
Click “Agree” to accept Huawei’s agreement on your phone.
Touch “ALLOW” on your phone to allow HiSuite to connect to your device.
Step 3: Click “OK” on your computer and touch “AGREE” on your phone to agree HUAWEI HiSuite Terms of Service.
Step 4: Click “Update”, then click “Switch to Other Version” on the pop-up dialog box. (This button is shown only when the current system can be rolled back).
Step 5: In the pop-up dialog box, you can check the roll-back package information, including the version number (EMUI version and build number), version log, and others. Click “Restore”, and the message “This may erase data on your device. Continue?” will be displayed. Make sure you have backed up your phone data, and click “Continue”.
Wait for the process, once its complete the roll-back is done.
- 27 Best EMUI 10.1 Tips and Tricks
- How to download your Favourite Apps in Huawei Phones
- EMUI Tip: How to adjust Eye comfort, Colour correction, Colour mode in Huawei Phones
- How to Enable Knuckle Gestures in Huawei EMUI [Screenshot, Record Screen, Split screen]
- EMUI 10.1: Latest News, Rollout Date, Features, and Eligible Devices