Huawei/Honor has started rolling out VoWiFI (Wi-Fi calling) to the Honor 9X, Honor 20i, Honor 8X and there are still more to come. Wi-Fi Calling is also known as the Voice over Wi-Fi (VoWiFi), Voice over wireless LAN is the use of a wireless broadband network according to the IEEE 802.11 standards for the purpose of vocal conversation.
It enables users to use smartphones that support VoWiFi to dial numbers to use voice or video calls when a Wi-Fi connection is available. Below check, the Huawei and Honor smartphones that support Voice over Wi-Fi feature.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF VOWI-FI?
Both end-users and those in the mobile industry will benefit from Voice over Wi-Fi.
- Can make calls without the need for a mobile signal.
- Benefit from security being based on SIM-based authentication as for VoLTE; and
- Experience better indoor coverage.
- Revenue opportunities;
- Leverage existing SIM-based security and authentication as for VoLTE;
- Gain the opportunity to access IMS-based services via Wi-Fi access;
- Issue a single bill for the user for all IMS-based services across different access types.
How to enable Wi-Fi calling in Huawei and Honor smartphones?
- Go to Phone Settings
- Mobile Network
- Mobile Data
- Now, check the WiFi calling option in SIM settings
- Click on WiFi Calling and turn the toggle on.
Note: Honor Play to get Wi-Fi calling this month (April 2020).