Huawei Mobile Service (HMS) encompasses Huawei’s chip, device and cloud capabilities, including a full portfolio of HMS core services and associated IDE tool platforms for development and testing, as well as key applications for Huawei devices. Huawei Mobile Services (HMS) Apps section includes Huawei AppGallery, Huawei Assistant, Huawei Browser, Huawei Cloud, Huawei Wallet, Huawei Video, Huawei Music, etc. Let’s explore more about Huawei HMS Core vs Google GMS Core.
According to Huawei Consumer Business CEO Yu Chengdong, “Compared to GMS Core, HMS Core has better machine learning service capabilities, which can bring more powerful AI capabilities and can support various applications.”
Let’s learn deeply about both Huawei Mobile Services & Google Mobile Services, take the face recognition we use most often as an example. When we make a video call, it can add dynamic material effects to our faces and automatically perform intelligent AI effects such as portrait whitening.
Secondly, Huawei’s machine learning services also feature high accuracy and low latency.
According to Huawei’s official introduction, the number of contour points recognized by HMS Core can be 714 points higher than that of GMS Core. In terms of latency, compared to Google GMS Core, HMS Core is 62% lower than it.
At the same time, HMS Core also supports functions such as 3D stereo recognition, multiple face detection, and 7 facial expression recognition that GMS Core does not have.
Another one, taking the map services that everyone needs for daily travel, compared to GMS Core, Huawei Maps’ accurate positioning can exceed 25%, and in the SDK installation package, Huawei Map Services only takes up 720KB memory size.
What’s more worth mentioning is that Huawei’s mapping service currently supports more than 50 languages and different populations in more than 200 countries.
In addition, in leading the world’s code scanning services, Huawei can also demonstrate its performance of scanning QR codes better than Google.
According to Huawei’s official introduction, Huawei can achieve real-time security scanning of QR codes by detecting and zooming in in real-time when it is still a short distance from the target.
In addition, HMS Core can also accurately perform QR code recognition in extreme scanning environments such as strong light, stains. It is said that Huawei HMS speed faster than GMS Core.
Huawei Mobile Services Statistics:
- 400 million monthly active users in Huawei’s App market.
- The developer toolkit is available in HMS Core 4.0.
- HMS Core has a capability of file transfer, Geolocation, security detection, AI, machine learning and data security.
- Around 400,000 developers joined the ecosystem within four months. It now has around 1.3 million developers.
- The AppGallery has more than 450 million active users per month as well as 55,000 apps.
- In spite of the difficulties, Huawei continues to promote HMS in Europe, Russia, the Middle East, and other regions.
- Huawei invested $10 million in Russia to attract local developers.
- The Turkish telecommunications company Turkcell entered into an agreement with Huawei to sell 1 million HMS smartphones.
Huawei Mobile Services (HMS) Latest News:
- What exactly is Huawei Mobile Services (HMS)?
- How to Integrate Huawei HMS Core
- Huawei HMS developers count is now 1.3 million
- Huawei HMS will become global leader in future
- Huawei establishes new department for HMS
- Huawei launched HMS Core 4.0 worldwide