Huawei Mate 40 series is rumored to be released in Q4 2020. According to a Twitter tipster, @RODENT950 the Mate 40 series will follow the on-screen specifications of the P40 series, which is about 1200P + resolution and 90Hz refresh rate.
The Mate 40 series continues the P40 series display specs aka strange resolution + 90Hz. pic.twitter.com/rBbesCwcp1
— Teme (特米)😷 (@RODENT950) June 26, 2020
An earlier report suggests that the Huawei Mate 40 pro may use UTD screens (Ultra Thin Display) Specially designed for folding and ultra curved display phones and the Huawei Mate 40 will have 2 variants. At the same time, Mate Watch smartwatches running Hongmeng OS may also be released.
Huawei Mate 40 Series Key highlights:
- 5 nm SoCs, with the Kirin 1000 and Kirin 1020 (More powerful Kirin chipset).
- “Freeform lens” designed to improve the fidelity of ultra-wide-angle photos. This lens may be exclusive to the Mate 40 Pro.
- 108-megapixel lens may be features whose optical performance has been greatly improved and said to be available in Mate 40 and Mate 40 Pro.
- It will use a 9P lens. Due to the manufacturing method of the lens, the ability of the lens to process images is also greatly improved. Compared with other standard lenses with 108 MP sensors on the market.
- Mate 40 series also consists of TOF which can be used for temperature measurement (similar to Honor Play 4 Pro).