According to Huawei CEO Yu Chengdong, the price of Huawei Mate Xs display per gram is three times the price of gold. This is currently just under EUR 47.00 per gram. So that means the display of the Huawei Mate Xs per gram should cost EUR 141.00.
Huawei Mate Xs uses a 2-layer, flexible display material made of polyimide in aerospace quality. This improves screen strength by 80 percent compared to a single layer. The best material you use, the more money it will charge from you.
Even if the Huawei Mate Xs is far from being the perfect foldable smartphone, the development itself costs a lot. Because such a foldable display is quite expensive, but in the case of the Mate Xs it is indescribably expensive.
Huawei Mate Xs Specifications:
- Display: Unfolded 8-inches, Folded – 6.6-inches Front, 6.38 inches Back
- Powered by Kirin 990 5G
- EMUI 10 (Android 10)
- 8 GB RAM + 512 GB ROM storage
- SuperSensing Cine Camera 40 MP (Cine Camera, f/1.8 aperture) + 40 MP (SuperSensing Camera, f/1.6 aperture, OIS) + 8 MP (Telephoto Camera, f/2.4 aperture, OIS) + 3D Depth Sensing Camera
- 32 MP, f/2.0 aperture (front camera)
- WLAN (802.11a), Bluetooth (5.1), USB (Type-C), Earjack (Type-C)
- 4500 mAh (65W – Huawei superCharge, Wireless Supercharge 27W)
- Gravity Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Gyroscope, Compass, Fingerprint Sensor, Hall sensor, Barometer, Infrared sensor, color temperature sensor.
- The Huawei Mate Xs 5G (8GB + 512GB) comes with 2499 Euros/$2758 price tag. It will be officially available in the market on March 5.