Honor 20 smartphone users just received the Magic UI 4 (EMUI 11) stable update in India. Now, this update is expanding and reaching out for the European users. The EMUI 11 update for Honor 20 is rolling out with software version 220.127.116.11.
Honor 20 Stable Magic UI 4 (EMUI 11) C431E3R5P4 Changelog:
List of Changes
This update introduces Magic UI 4 (EMUI 11) and provides a wide range of features to keep you connected in all situations. This new system version is based on HUAWEI’s “All Scenario” design concept and provides a comprehensive and integrated, cross-device user experience. EMUI 11 is based on the concept of “technology for people” and impresses with its artistic interface design, user-friendly interactions and an innovative and convenient, cross-device connection experience for users – for an optimized work and private life.
Technology for people
Adds the starry night design with bright color painting. (You can apply this design in the Themes app.)
With Multi-Window, you can open apps for multitasking in a floating window. The floating window can be positioned as desired or minimized in the form of a floating ball for easy access later.
The brand new and intuitive animation effects in EMUI 11 make for a smoother, more consistent and visually appealing user experience when typing or swiping the screen. When switching between albums in the gallery or between the year and month display in the calendar, plan sequence animations are displayed for flowing visual effects.
The subtle effects of activating or deactivating switches have been refined throughout the operating system for a more visually appealing experience.
This special feature allows your devices to work together so that you can get the most out of them. You can mirror the phone on the laptop screen and be more productive with multiple app windows that are always available. (A Huawei laptop with PC Manager version 11.0 or higher is required for this function.)
Allows you to scan documents. You can now quickly identify and extract text from images, edit the text, export it to multiple file formats, and share it.
On the Explore tab in Gallery, you can create video stories using pre-installed templates with special effects and background music. The video editing features have been tweaked and provide further instructions on how to use the timeline and editing options.
A new standard for system animations has been introduced, which improves the app start speed and ensures smooth operating processes.
Data protection and security
Projection ] When you project your phone to an external display in Do Not Disturb mode, messages and incoming calls are only shown on the phone screen. This protects your data and avoids interruption of the screen projection.
[Privacy in Memo]
Allows you to lock notes in Memo.
[Photo Sharing Privacy]
Allows you to remove the shooting location, time, and device information from photos before sharing them.
Notes on updating:
1. This update does not delete your personal information. However, it is recommended to back up important data before upgrading.
2. Some third-party apps that are incompatible with EMUI 11 may not work properly after upgrading. It is recommended that you update these apps to the latest version in the app store.
3. If you have problems updating, call the Huawei customer service line or visit a Huawei customer service center.
4. The home screen layout may change slightly.
5. The system version can be rolled back to the official version EMUI 10.1 in HiSuite. If the system version is rolled back, all of your personal data will be deleted. You should therefore back up your data in advance.
6. The update package will be automatically deleted when the update is complete.
Thanks for the tip Javier,
Honor 20 Key Highlights:
- 6 GB RAM | 128 GB ROM
- 15.9 cm (6.26 inch) Display
- 48MP + 2MP + 16MP Rear Camera| 32MP Front Camera
- 3750 mAh Battery
- HiSilicon Kirin 980 Processor
How to download Magic UI 4?
Download from your system settings option: Tap on Settings > System > Software update > Check for Updates and Download it!
Download from Support App: Go to Support app > Services ->Update > Check for updates.
Note: Once you receive the latest EMUI updates, you can send us a tip with a screenshot/changelog/country name/version at firstname.lastname@example.org.