EMUI 11 focused on bringing the latest and modern user experience. This includes certain changes in the Always-on Display (AOD) feature on company devices. Now users will get several customisation options along with new themes, and animated elements. Users will be able to put any picture, or live video, or Graphics Interchange Format (GIF) on the AOD.
Now you will see big change in EMUI 11, users can now add Live Icons which are basically animated icons. Once you open the Phone app, you can find these icons in the notifications panel, or these can be found on other default Huawei apps such as Huawei Notepad or Huawei Music a well. Making UX interactive, device vibration will be synchronized with the ringtone audio through the synchronized vibrations feature.
In EMUI 11 album has a 4:3 layout and sorting photos has become easier with a new set of settings. There is new indicator icon is present in the status bar that is going to inform the users whenever any app is using their device’s camera, mic, or location.
Huawei EMUI 11: Top Features
- In the latest Emotion UI version – EMUI 11 Multi-Screen Collaboration comes with new changes. The new feature provides users access to multiple apps simultaneously.
- Huawei enhanced the MeeTime feature in EMUI 11 that provides communication between two EMUI based devices. Also, you can now share a real-time screen at the same time.
- The new user interface in EMUI 11 brings AI subtitles to offer real-time translations (Adds Chinese, English, and Korean language.).
- In EMUI 11 you will see Location Kit and mobile-first search engine service.
- Huawei EMUI 11 also brings a WisePlay DRM system for OTT apps.
- Quick reply without interference: Instant messages are presented in the form of floating windows, you can quickly view and reply without interrupting the current content.
- Window size is now adjustable: Adjust the size freely, without blocking the main content, so you can watch the video while replying to the message.
- The newly launched Harmony OS 2.0 will be available in the selected smartphones (EMUI 11 Supported Devices) in 2021.
Huawei has already started rolling out the EMUI 11/Magic UI 4.0 beta to some selected smartphones. The list of eligible devices for EMUI 11 beta is as follows:
- Huawei P40
- Huawei P40 Pro
- Huawei P40 Pro+
- Huawei Mate 30 (4G)
- Huawei Mate 30 (5G)
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro (4G)
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro (5G)
- Huawei Mate 30 RS Porsche Design
- Huawei MatePad Pro
- Huawei MatePad Pro 5G
- Honor 30
- Honor 30 Pro
- Honor 30 Pro+
- Honor V30
- Honor V30 Pro
More devices will be added in the next batch/phase.
The Latest EMUI 11/Magic UI 4.0 Updates:
- On September 21, 2020: Honor has started rolling out the Magic UI 4.0 beta update for the V30 series smartphone users and push it to users who have successfully registered for the internal test nolog. The latest beta update comes with a 2.98 GB file size and the version is 220.127.116.11 (C00E115R4P5).
- On September 14, 2020: Huawei officially released the second batch of EMUI 11/Magic UI 4.0 beta update supported smartphones including Honor 30 Series, Honor V30 Series, Huawei Nova 7 Series, and Huawei Nova 6 Series.
- EMUI 11 beta begins for Huawei P40 series, Mate 30 series and MatePad Pro series [September 09, 2020]
- Honor 30 series and V30 series becomes the first device to get Magic UI 4.0 beta update [September 09, 2020]
- Eligible EMUI 11 and Magic UI 4.0 devices list
- EMUI 11/Magic UI 4.0: Latest News, Eligible Devices, Rollout Date and Features
Follow Huawei Update: Social URL’s