Huawei P40 series is already a part of the Harmony OS beta testing. Huawei has recently stated that in the first batch of Hongmeng (Harmony) OS 2.0 update the Mate X2, Mate 40 series, and P40 series will become the first to grab this update.
Now, according to the information, Huawei has started rolling out the March 2021 security update for the P40 Pro users and it comes with software version EMUI 22.214.171.124.
HUAWEI P40 PRO EMUI 126.96.36.199 CHANGELOG:
List of changes
This update improves system security using Android security patches.
Integrated Android security patches released in March 2021 for improved system security.
This security update includes the CVE announced in the March 2021 Android security bulletin. It includes 2 Critical, 13 High levels, and 131 Medium levels.
How to download the latest EMUI 11 update?
Download from your system settings option: Tap on Settings > System > Software update > Check for Updates and Download it!
Download from Support App: Go to Support app > Services ->Update > Check for updates.
Huawei P40 Pro Specifications:
- Display Size: 6.58 inches
- Type: OLED, up to 90 Hz frame refresh rate
- Resolution: FHD+ 2640 x 1200 Pixels
- Splash, Water, and Dust Resistant: IP68
- Processor: HUAWEI Kirin 990 5G (Octa-core 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.86 GHz + 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.36 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.95 GHz)
- GPU: 16-Core Mali-G76
- Operating System: EMUI 10.1 (Based on Android 10)
- Memory: 8 GB RAM + 256 GB ROM
- Rear Camera:50 MP Ultra Vision Camera (Wide Angle, f/1.9 aperture, OIS) + 40 MP Cine Camera (Ultra-Wide Angle, f/1.8 aperture) + 12 MP SuperSensing Telephoto Camera (f/3.4 aperture, OIS) + 3D Depth Sensing Camera
- Front Camera:32 MP Selfie Camera (f/2.2 aperture) + Depth Camera
- Battery: 4,200 mAh, HUAWEI SuperCharge (Max 40 W)
- Sensors: Gesture Sensor, Gravity Sensor, Infrared Sensor, Fingerprint Sensor, Hall Sensor, Gyroscope, Compass, Ambient Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Colour Temperature Sensor.
- This update will not erase your personal data, but we recommend that you back up any important data before updating.
- Some third party apps that are not compatible with EMUI 11 may function incorrectly after the update. It is recommended that you update these apps to their latest versions in-app store.
- Your home screen layout may be rearranged slightly.
- If you face any error and issues during the update, please call the Huawei customer service.