Huawei P30 Series was launched in March 2019 and it got an upgraded design compared to its predecessor. The displays got more bezel-less than before as the notch gets reduced to the shape of a waterdrop. The smaller P30 has a 6.1-inch, 2340x1080p OLED display with a teardrop notch, triple rear cameras, a Kirin 980 processor, an in-display fingerprint sensor, and IP53 splash resistance.
The P30 comes meanwhile, comes with a SuperSensing 40MP Lecia Triple Camera arrangement which consists of an 8MP 3x telephoto lens (or up to 30x digital zoom), 16MP ultra-wide, and 40MP wide-angle lens.
Now, let’s talk about the summary of the Huawei P30 series (P30 and P30 Pro) recent updates. In back October Huawei has kicked-off the EMUI 11 beta update for the P30 series in mainland China and after that, the EMUI 11 stable update was started in many regions including the Middle East, etc. In December 2020 the EMUI 11 stable update for the P30 Series. The stable EMUI 11 comes with several new features including MeeTime, smart multi-window, rhythmic ringtones, hide display message, and more.
Summary of the Huawei P30 Series recent updates (December 2020 & January 2021):
On January 05, 2021: November 2020 security update is now available for the Huawei P30 Series smartphone users in China.
On December 26, 2020: Huawei P30 series smartphone users in China now grabbing the latest update in the form of EMUI 11 beta. This update rolling out with Bright Screen Animation, Flash File Transfer function, and display optimization. For P30 and P30 Pro the company has started sending this update with firmware version 18.104.22.168.
On December 12, 2020: The company has finally kicked-off the EMUI 11 stable update for the P30 Series. The stable EMUI 11 comes with several new features including MeeTime, smart multi-window, rhythmic ringtones, hide display message, and more.
On December 11, 2020: EMUI 11 beta requirement starts for Huawei P30 and Mate 20 devices in the Middle East.
HUAWEI P30 SERIES EMUI 11 CHANGELOG:
- Always On Display (AOD): AOD allows users to customize their screen and showcase their personal style by adding text and images to their lock screen.
- MeeTime: Besides HD voice and video calls, MeeTime also you to send encrypted messages and animated emojis, skip forward and backward when playing voice messages, and send groups of images in one go.
- Themes: Added the “Starry Night” theme to take you into the beautiful starry night.
- Multiwindow mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can relocate the floating window to the desired location or minimize it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animation: The brand new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified, and visually pleasing user experience when touching items or sliding on the screen.
- Subtle effect: Whether you’re toggling switches on or off, subtle effects have been enhanced throughout the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super Notepad: Notepad now supports editing notes simultaneously from multiple Huawei devices. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note being edited on your tablet.
- System-level translation: Browse foreign language articles or pictures, press with one or two fingers to translate words or paragraphs, freely adjust the translation Area, easy to understand the content, and information.
- Lasting smoothness: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving app launch speed and the smoothness of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been upgraded, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations bring you a more immersive experience.
- Transparent permission: The application permission pop-up box displays instructions for you to choose to authorize or reject (currently some applications support).
- Blurred app previews: On the recent tasks screen, previews of apps protected by TrustSpace or App Lock are automatically blurred or locked and hidden to protect your private data.
- Hide Display Message: When screencasting in mobile mode, enable the message do not disturb function, which allows the phone’s incoming calls and message banner notifications to be displayed only on the phone interface, which protects privacy and ensures the continuity of screencasting.
HOW TO UPDATE:
Via Support: Open app -> Services Tab -> Update -> CHECK FOR UPDATES -> Download and install.
Via Settings: Open System Settings -> System -> Software update -> CHECK FOR UPDATES -> Download and install.
Huawei P30 Pro Specifications:
- Size: 73.4 mm x 158.0 mm x 8.41 mm
- Weight: Approx. 192 g
- Display: 6.47
- Type: OLED
- Resolution: FHD+ 2340 x 1080
- Resistant: IP68
- Processor: HUAWEI Kirin 980 Octa-core Processor, Dual NPUs(Neural-network Processing Unit), 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.6 GHz+ 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 1.92 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.8 GHz
- OS: EMUI 9.1 (Based on Android 9) [At Launch]
- Memory: 8 GB RAM + 256 GB ROM
- Rear Camera: Rear Camera: Leica Quad Camera: 40 MP (Wide Angle Lens, f/1.6 aperture,OIS) + 20 MP (Ultra Wide Angle Lens, f/2.2 aperture) + 8 MP (Telephoto, f/3.4 aperture,OIS), HUAWEI Time-of-Flight (TOF) Camera, supports autofocus (phase focus, contrast focus), supports AIS (HUAWEI AI Image Stabilization)
- Front Camera: 32 MP, f/2.0 aperture
- Battery: 4,200mAh
- Charging: HUAWEI SuperCharge (Max 40 W), HUAWEI Wireless Quick Charge (15 W)
- Network: VOG-L29D: Primary SIM card: 4G FDD LTE: Bands 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/12/17/18/19/20/26/28/32, 4G TDD LTE: Bands 34/38/39/40/B41(2,535-2,655 MHz), 3G WCDMA: Bands 1/2/4/5/6/8/19, 3G TDS: Bands 34/39, 2G GSM: Bands 2/3/5/8(850/900/1,800/1,900 MHz)
- Connectivity: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (wave2), 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, Bluetooth 5.0, BLE, SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX HD, LDAC and HWA Audio
- Location: GPS (L1 + L5 Dual Band)/AGPS/Glonass/BeiDou/Galileo (E1 + E5a Dual Band)/QZSS (L1 + L5 Dual Band)
- Sensors: Ambient Light Sensor, In-Screen Fingerprint Sensor,Gyroscope, Compass, Proximity Sensor,Gravity Sensor, Hall Sensor, Infrared Sensor and Colour Temperature Sensor.
Note: If you have received the latest EMUI update on your smartphone, you can send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with Screenshots/Updates/Versions/Changelogs.
Join Huawei Update on Telegram for the latest updates.