Huawei’s EMUI 10, based on Android 10, was launched on 9 August 2019 at the Huawei Developer Conference 2019. Today we will look at the EMUI 10 problems, bugs, issues according to the users. Before starting let’s look out more about the EMUI 10 history, the first beta version of EMUI 10 was released on 8 September 2019, first coming to Huawei’s P30 and P30 Pro flagship smartphones. Sign-ups for the EMUI 10 beta program for P30 and P30 Pro smartphones started on 10 September 2019. New features in the EMUI 10 brings lots of improvements to include a system-wide dark mode, redesigned camera app.
EMUI 10 problems according to the users:
The 1st User (Random_Liberal) reported via Reddit, My Instagram crashes when I try to zoom in photos since the Emui 10 update.
2nd User (Pjr7769) reported via Reddit, I couldn’t access my sd card using 3rd party file explorers after updating to the beta version on my Mate 20 x, reverted back to 9 and all is good.
3rd User (Ceelbc) reported via Reddit, System UI dark mode doesn’t set the Huawei Music app to dark. On Huawei P Smart 2019.
4th User (tri-solaran) reported via Reddit,
Overnight battery drain with any kind of VPN running (Tried strongswan, Windscribe, and Adgaurd), 20-30% battery usage.
‘Gentle notifications’ display on the lock screen when they shouldn’t.
5th User (freezeroffire) Everything works fine for me only my equalizer from Dolby is missing.
6th User (Spotnik29) Like when i edit a pic on the gallery it make the pictures like yellow hacked crazy thing.
Now, if you also facing a related issue or any new first thing we want to suggest you is, it’s a beta!
According to the Huawei,
Before updating, there are several things you should be aware of:
1. If the HiCare app is not installed on your device, please go to HUAWEI AppGallery to download and install it. (If HiCare is already installed, please upgrade the app to the latest version on Huawei AppGallery.)
2. Upgrade EMUI10.0 via HiCare App means you can use HiCare App to apply for the new version. The version will not pushed to your phone automatically if you did not apply via the HiCare App. And please note that for Android Q Beta (FUT) users, after the new EMUI10.0 version is released, Huawei will preferentially push the version to you by HOTA.
3. The time to upgrade EMUI10.0 via HiCare may vary by country, as the testing and verification speed of EMUI10.0 is inconsistent in each country. Please be patient with the new version. It is recommended that you try again after several days.
4. HiCare update is only available for the latest EMUI 9.1 version. Before you upgrade to EMUI 10, please check if your EMUI version number (Settings > System > About phone >Build number) is exactly the base version number in the form below.
5. In case of data loss, we strongly suggest you to backup your date and complete all system updates through System Update (Settings > System > System update) before your upgrade to EMUI 10.
6. This version is not a final stable version. It’s designed for you to experience new software features in advance, thus you can give us feedback for further software improvement. In the end of this article we had attached the known issues of this version, and will fix these issues with every effort.
▶ How to update EMUI 10 with HiCare app?
4 easy steps will do the trick: Open HiCare app > click Update > click Check for updates > Download and Install.
EMUI 10 Issue Fix Mobile data connection
For AT&T’s: Create a new APN note that this is for ATT Go to settings > mobile network > mobile data > Access Point Names (APNs) > tap on the 3 dots on the right-hand corner > choose ‘New APN’.
For Example, Name: NXTGENPHONE APN: NXTGENPHONE Proxy: Not set Port: Not set Username: Not set Password: Not set Server: Not set MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net MMS port: 80 MCC: 310 MNC: 410 Authentication Type: None APN type: default,mms,supl,hipri APN protocol: IPv4 Bearer: Unspecified
If the above solution dint work, try to factory reset your device.
To factory reset your Huawei P30:
- Turn off the mobile by pressing the Power key for a few moments.
- Press and hold Volume Up and Power buttons for a couple of seconds.
- When Recovery Mode appears let go of all keys.
- Now choose “wipe data/factory reset”. Use Volume buttons to navigate and the Power key to accept it.
- Confirm the operation by typing in “yes” and select “wipe data/factory reset”.
- When you see the Google Verification info confirm the operation by selecting “wipe data/factory reset”.
- Finally, choose the “reboot system now” by using the Power key.
If your device is still showing No Signal issue at this point, make sure that you install whatever available software update there is at the moment. Here’s how to manually check for software updates on the P30:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap System.
- Select System Update.
- Tap the option to Check for Updates.
We have our Forum now, Let’s start the discussion.
EMUI 10 Latest News, EMUI 10 Latest Updates:
- [Optus Australia] EMUI 10.0.0.180 update for Mate 20 Pro [Feb 29, 2020]
- [Orange Romania] EMUI 10 update for Huawei Mate 20 Pro [Feb 29, 2020]
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G getting EMUI 10.0.0.203 update [Feb 28, 2020]
- [Live In France] Huawei P Smart 2019 EMUI 10 update [Feb 28, 2020]
- Honor 20i AAPE Edition EMUI 10 rollout completed [Feb 28, 2020]
- [Now EE UK] Honor 8X gets EMUI 10 update [Feb 28, 2020]
- Honor 20S EMUI 10 Beta recruitment delayed [Feb 27, 2020]
- EMUI 10 new beta recruitment starts for Huawei Mate 10 and Honor V10 [Feb 27, 2020]
- [Live In Germany] Honor 10 Lite EMUI 10.0.0.166 update [Feb 27, 2020]
- Huawei Nova 5 EMUI 10 Beta recruitment delayed [Feb 27, 2020]
- Honor 8X gets Jan 2020 security patch EMUI 10.0 update [Feb 27, 2020]
- Huawei Nova 5T getting EMUI 10 update in Norway [Feb 27, 2020]
- Huawei MediaPad M6 will get EMUI 10.0.0.220 in batches [Feb 26, 2020]
- [EMUI 10 Pakistan] Honor 8X EMUI 10 update [Feb 26, 2020]
- [EMUI 10 Indonesia] Honor 8X EMUI 10.0.0.175 update [Feb 25, 2020]
- Huawei Mate 20 Lite EMUI 10 update in Poland [Feb 24, 2020]
- [Update Resumed] Huawei Nova 5 Pro EMUI 10 update [Feb 25, 2020]
- Honor 20i AAPE Edition gets EMUI 10.0.0.153 update [Feb 24, 2020]
- Vodafone Australia EMUI 10 update 2020 list [Feb 23, 2020]
- [Now Vodafone Australia] Huawei P30 series EMUI 10 [Feb 23, 2020]
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro getting new EMUI 10.0.0.201 update [Feb 22,2020]
- List of Unqualified EMUI 10 devices in March 2020 [Feb 22, 2020]
- Confirmed: Honor 9 lite will not get EMUI 10 [Feb 22, 2020]
- Honor Play EMUI 10 Petition: Company refused but users still want [Feb 22, 2020]
- Honor 8C will not get EMUI 10 update [Feb 21, 2020]
- [EMUI 10 India] Honor 8X EMUI 10.0.0.175 update [Feb 21, 2020]
- [After Serbia] Mate 20 lite gets EMUI 10 in Netherlands [Feb 21, 2020]
- No EMUI 10 update for Honor Play, Security patch will On [Feb 21, 2020]
- Honor 7a will get EMUI update this month [Feb 2020] [Feb 20, 2020]
- Breaking: Huawei paused nova 5 Pro EMUI 10 update [Feb 20, 2020]
- Huawei P Smart 2019 new EMUI 10.0.0.166 update [Feb 20, 2020]
- Huawei P30 Lite users getting EMUI 10 Globally [Feb 20, 2020]
- Huawei Mate 30 series EMUI 10 Beta recruitment starts [Feb 19, 2020]
- [Global Rollout] Honor 9X EMUI 10 update [Feb 19, 2020]
- March 2020 EMUI 10 Updates List [Feb 19, 2020]
- Download Honor 10 Lite EMUI 10.0.0.166 update in Serbia [Feb 18, 2020]
- These Huawei and Honor Phones will get 2020 Security Updates [Feb 18, 2020]
- Honor 9X getting EMUI 10 beta in Lithuania [Feb 18, 2020]
- EMUI 10 UK Honor 20 Pro and Honor 10 Lite Date [Feb 18, 2020]
- Honor 8X EMUI 10 rolling out in the Netherlands [Feb 17, 2020]
- Huawei P30 Pro Jan 2020 patch EMUI 10.0.0.186 [Feb 17, 2020]
- [Now EE UK] Huawei P30 and P30 Pro gets EMUI 10 update [Feb 17, 2020]
- Huawei P30 Lite users receiving EMUI 10 in Switzerland [Feb 17, 2020]
- Huawei MediaPad M6 gets new EMUI 10.0.0.220 update [Feb 15, 2020]
- Huawei Mate 20 Lite EMUI 10.0.0.170 Changelogs [Feb 14, 2020]
- Huawei MatePad Pro EMUI 10.0.1.151 update Changelogs [Feb 14, 2020]
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro EMUI 10.0.0.193 Germany [Feb 13, 2020]
- Honor 10 Lite gets EMUI 10 v10.0.0.171 update in India [Feb 13, 2020]
- Huawei Mate 20 Lite EMUI 10 update in Serbia [Feb 13, 2020]
- [Three UK New Update] Huawei Mate 20 Pro and Mate 30 Pro EMUI 10 update [Feb 13, 2020]
- Honor 8X Jan 2020 security patch EMUI 22.214.171.1243 [Feb 12, 2020]
- Download Mate 30 Pro EMUI 10.0.0.191 in Philippines [Feb 12, 2020]
- Honor View 10 EMUI 10 update changelogs [Feb 11, 2020]
- Download Honor 10 EMUI 10.0.0.152 update in India [Feb 11, 2020]
- [Update Resumed] Honor 20, View 20 and 10 Lite Magic UI 3.0/EMUI 10 [Feb 10, 2020]
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro EMUI 10 update EE (UK) may roll out in April 2020 [Feb 09, 2020]
- Jan 2020 patch rolling out to Honor Play [EMUI 126.96.36.1993] [Feb 07, 2020]
- Huawei P30 Pro EMUI 10 update in Spain [Feb 06, 2020]
- Honor 9N gets January 2020 security patch [Feb 06, 2020]
- Huawei Mate 9 EMUI 10 update coming soon [Feb 04, 2020]
- How to download Huawei Mate 30 Pro EMUI 10.0.0.196 update [Feb 04, 2020]
- EMUI 10 UK February 2020 Smartphones List [Feb 04, 2020]
- Honor 10 And Honor View 10 EMUI 10 update released in India [Feb 01, 2020]
- Download Honor Play 3 EMUI 188.8.131.52 update [Feb 01, 2020]
If you want to report any issue, Let us know in the comment box below.