Vietnam’s Viettel the largest local telecommunications company operated by the Ministry of Defense of Vietnam will launch 5G commercial services. The focus of the news is Viettel’s 5G services will not use Huawei equipment but instead, develop its own technology. Once it comes true with own statement then it will be the sixth company to successfully develop 5G technology after Ericsson, Nokia, Huawei, Samsung Electronics and ZTE.
Viettel will begin deploying 5G network technology in June and plans to complete it across the country in a year. Viettel said that the research and development department Viettel High Technology spent six months to develop the hardware and software technology required to make calls.
Viettel has more than 110 million customers in 11 countries and territories, including Cambodia, Haiti and Peru markets.
- German officials ; 5G network will be delayed for 10 years if Huawei is not allowed to participate
- Take a look at Huawei 5G base station in Shanghai
- Huawei is the most popular brand for 5G phones in ByteDance
- Huawei 5G mobile phones global shipment exceed 6.9 million units in 2019
- U.S. government forcing Britain to reject Huawei 5G
- Huawei tests first 5G base station via drone