Huawei unveiled its P40 series in March 2020 to the world. The whole lineup includes three new smartphones Huawei P40, P40 Pro, and the P40 Pro+. All three phones have been announced by Huawei in glossy white, black, and blue and matte silver and gold finishes.
Of the three, the P40 Pro+ will get the most amount of storage, with 512GB of memory, while the cP40 Pro will get 256GB of memory. The P40 is the most modest of the three with 128GB of storage. RAM on all three phones is the same at 8GB.
Huawei P40 Pro, P40 Pro+: Specifications
The Huawei P40 Pro and P40 Pro+ sports a 6.58-inch octa flex display which is curved on both sides. The display is capable of Quad HD+ resolutions and a 90Hz refresh rate. It also supports DCI-P3 HDR colour gamut.
Both phones are powered by Huawei’s own Kirin 990 chipset paired with 8GB of RAM on the P40 Pro and 8GB of RAM on P40 Pro+. For storage, the P40 Pro gets up to 256GB storage while the P40 Pro+ gets 512GB of memory for storing photos, videos and games.
As per the camera concern, the P40 Pro+ gets a Leica Ultra Vision camera set-up that will comprise of a 50-megapixel primary lens, a 40-megapixel secondary lens, an 8-megapixel periscope lens, an 8-megapixel telephoto lens, a ToF sensor and finally a colour temperature sensor too — making it a total of 6 sensors onboard for photography.
The P40 Pro, on the other hand, brings a quad-camera set-up which again has the same branding but will comprise of a 50-megapixel primary lens, a 40-megapixel secondary lens, a 12-megapixel telephoto lens, and a fourth ToF sensor. There will also be a colour temperature sensor on the P40 Pro.
There is a 4,200 mAh battery with support for 40W wired charging and also 40W super-fast wireless charging on the P40 Pro+ while, 27W wireless charging on the P40 Pro. The Huawei P40 Pro and P40 Pro+ pre-installed with HMS-based EMUI 10.1.
Huawei P40: Specifications
The Huawei P40, on the other hand, comes with a much smaller 6.1-inch display with a wide punch-hole. The display itself is a Full HD+ one and supports only 60Hz refresh rates. The phone is powered by a Kirin 990 chipset 3,800mAh battery and a maximum charging speed of 22.5W using a Type-C cable. The phone gets 128GB of storage and 8GB of RAM.
The Huawei P40 has a Leica Ultra Vision triple camera set-up with a 50-megapixel primary camera sat next to a 16-megapixel lens and an 8-megapixel lens. It also comes with HMS-based EMUI 10.1.
In this article, we will check the Huawei P40 Series latest software updates including EMUI 11 and HarmonyOS. Check the list below.
Huawei P40 Series latest EMUI updates:
- Together November and December 2021 EMUI 11 patch available for Huawei P40 Pro in Europe [December 13, 2021]
- HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52: Huawei P40 getting November 2021 patch update [November 16, 2021]
- Huawei P40 October 2021 patch rolling out in Europe [November 11, 2021]
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G getting October 2021 patch update in Europe [November 03, 2021]
- In Europe Huawei P40 Pro and P40 Pro Plus getting system stability improvement and more apps update [November 03, 2021]
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G users in the UK getting September 2021 patch [November 02, 2021]
- Huawei P40 Pro Middle East users receiving October 2021 patch update [November 01, 2021]
- In Europe Huawei P40 getting September 2021 patch update [October 25, 2021]
- In Middle East Huawei P40 Pro getting MeeTime update [October 23, 2021]
- Huawei P40 Pro grabbing June 2021 security patch update in Europe [August 09, 2021]
- EMUI 11 Europe: Huawei P40 Pro+ and Mate 30 Pro getting June 2021 patch update [August 07, 2021]
- Huawei P40, P40 Pro, and P40 Pro Plus getting April 2021 security patch in Europe [June 12, 2021]
- Huawei P40 Pro+ users in Europe getting April 2021 patch update [June 05, 2021]
- [P40 Pro and Pro+ Too] EMUI 11 Europe: Huawei P40 grabbing March 2021 patch update [April 21, 2021]
- Huawei P40 Pro+ users in Europe grabbing February 2021 patch update [March 27, 2021]
- February 2021 security update goes live for Huawei P40 Series [March 20, 2021]
- [Update: Europe] Huawei P40 series receiving January 2021 security update [March 09, 2021]
- EMUI 11: Huawei P40 Pro receiving December 2020 patch in the Middle East [February 03, 2021]
- In Europe Huawei P40 series getting December 2020 security patch update [January 15, 2021]
- Huawei P40 Series EMUI 184.108.40.206 Full Changelog [January 13, 2021]
Huawei P40 Series latest HarmonyOS updates:
- Huawei P40 series and Mate X2 getting December 2021 patch and system optimization update [December 01, 2021]
- HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11/209 update rolling out to MatePad Pro series and P40 4G [October 19, 2021]
- Huawei P40 5G grabbing another HarmonyOS 2.0 beta update [September 28, 2021]
- Huawei P40 Pro and P40 Pro+ get the September 2021 patch update in Europe [September 27, 2021]
- HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 beta update rolling out for Huawei P40 5G [September 11, 2021]
- Huawei P40 Pro gets updated with July 2021 patch in Europe [September 07, 2021]
- HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124: Huawei P40 5G series and Mate 30 series update fixes multi-window application bar [September 01, 2021]
- Huawei P40 Series HarmonyOS patch fixes abnormal signal problem [August 17, 2021]
- HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199: Huawei Nova 6 Series, Nova 8 Series, P40 and Nova 7 Series getting update [CN] [August 09, 2021]
- HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 update rolling out for Huawei P40 Series [August 04, 2021]
- Huawei P40 series latest HarmonyOS patch optimizes power consumption and stability [July 22, 2021]
- Huawei Mate 30 and P40 series HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 update brings support for FreeBuds 4 [July 15, 2021]
- HarmonyOS 2 version 220.127.116.11 rolling out to Huawei Mate 40, P40, and Mate 30 devices [July 05, 2021]
- HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 update rolling out to Huawei P40 Series and Mate 30 series [June 21, 2021]
- Huawei P40 series grabbing April 2021 security patch and new Apps update [May 27, 2021]
- HarmonyOS 2.0 public beta rolling out for Huawei Mate 40 and P40 [May 26, 2021]
- Huawei HiSuite reveals Huawei P40 Pro with Harmony OS 2.0 [April 13, 2021]
Note: Once you receive the latest EMUI updates, you can send us a tip with a screenshot/changelog/country name/version at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will update other users with the same device in different territories as soon as possible.