Dual-view video recording was not available out-of-the-box, and was promised to be delivered through an OTA update. This has now arrived to the device through the EMUI 22.214.171.124 update which is rolling out in China.
The changelog for the update is as follows:
- Adds Dual-view mode to Camera, allowing you to view the panoramic and close-up video images while recording.
- Adds Charming portrait mode to Camera, allowing you to take portrait photos with more appealing blurring effects.
- Huawei Vlog
- Automatically generates highlight reels, applies effects templates, and creates MVs.
- Integrates Google security patches released in April 2019 for improved system security. For more information on the security of Huawei EMUI system updates, please visit the official Huawei website.
Also Read: EMUI 10: Everything You Need To Know
The update is rolling out in stages, so you may need to wait patiently before it reaches your device, assuming no major bugs are found in the update.
The Huawei P30 Pro’s quad-camera setup at the rear, which includes an improved 40MP sensor, takes the imaging experience a notch further by adding a periscope-style 5x optical zoom lens and a 3D ToF sensor to the mix. There’s a 32MP selfie camera at the front. The phone features a 6.47-inch OLED screen with Full HD+ resolution, a dot notch, and an in-display fingerprint reader. Powering this camera-focussed smartphone is a Kirin 980 processor, which is paired with at least 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage. Storage space can be expanded further by using a Nano Memory (NM) card. The P30 Pro runs Android 9 Pie-based EMUI 9.0 software.
- EMUI 9.1 is coming to these 49 Huawei devices
- First 5 things you should do with your Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- EMUI 9.1 beta rolling out to these 12 devices
- Huawei P30 Pro receives a software update
- How to fix black screen issue on Huawei P20 Pro